Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Calling Foul On Unexplained Fried Chicken Fee

MANASSAS, Va. -- The bag of Popeyes fried chicken, red beans and rice, and cole slaw was already in my car, when I noticed the tiny sign on the drive-thru window: "57 cent service fee added to all sales over $5."
 
Right next to it was another sign reading, "Pay less with cash. Receive a 60 cent cash discount on cash sales $5 and over."
 
Rather than ask the employee at the window to explain, or hand back my tempting chicken, I charged the meal and drove away, wondering if I'd been ripped off.
 
Between bites of chicken I scanned the receipt.
 
There it was, beneath the order, subtotal, and tax.
 
A $.57 fee labeled "ESF."

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sop what , you bought it , shame on you , don't whine about it.

Anonymous said...

doesn't seem to me he was whining. Just alerting others to another weird 'fee'.

If you don't have anything nice to say, why bother?