Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 21, 2011

WBOC Violating Federal Highway Rules?

In 2008 it became law that if you are standing on the side of the road doing any kind of reporting you MUST wear a safety vest.

One thing I can also tell you is that MSM Insurance companies demand ALL reporters wear these safety vests but WBOC doesn't seem to follow the rules, including these shots taken this evening.

Its my understanding some feel it's not very becoming or in style, so some choose just not to follow the rules.What I found interesting though was a couple of months ago I had noticed they WERE following the rules, someone must have been watching them.

Nevertheless, the rules are the rules. As you can see from the first two images, the reporter is standing less than 4 feet from Rt. 13, even at night after 7 PM.

Follow the rules or get out of the business before someone gets killed by a driver. That is why they made the rules in the first place.

I should add, I saw the VP Craig Jahelka commercial for myself tonight where he's trying to make people believe ALL businesses are up 7.5% here on the shore and we're doing better than anyone else in the state. He goes on to say, Bet you haven't heard this anywhere else. Yeah Craig, that's because NO ONE is stupid enough to make such a foolish and irresponsible statement. You see, many of the people viewing it are business owners who know this to be untrue. Must be pimping for some advertising revenue, eh Craig? Bet you haven't heart that elsewhere, have you Craig?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet they are regretting ever publishing that grandmother interview against you Joe. Lewis will ignore this because he likes the camera too much.

Anonymous said...

Do they make designer vests?

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 7:51, Sheriff Lewis will follow the letter of the law, period. As for the Granny interview, LMAO.

Stacy said...

You are right. They just don't go with heels.

Anonymous said...

The law requires safety apparel for anyone working in situations along federally funded highways -- both daylight and nighttime.

The change took effect on Nov. 24. 2008

Anonymous said...

Although the law requires the gear near federally funded roads, employees are told to wear the vests when working along any major freeway, toll road, state highway or urban road.

The vests are either highly reflective yellow or orange and have the word “Press” on the back.

Beezer said...

I just wish some of their reporters would quit visiting SBYnews and start originating their own articles and ideas. Hasn't WBOC heard of 'Intellectual Property Rights'.

Anonymous said...

I was there and saw the reporter and camerman. I wasn't distracted at all. I just kept on eating. I was at Zia's restaurant. I just couldn't figure out the story must be, unless it was about the price of gasoline. They were at Exxon store on Rt. 13 North.

Daddio said...

They called me for the 2nd time trying to get me to advertise on their website.

I believe they got my number from this site, as my ad is displayed here, and they mentioned that I was advertising here.

Joseph Albero said...

Daddio, you are not alone, believe me. They try to act all innocent but in reality we are killing their numbers and they can't handle it. The funniest part is, I don't do this for the money. Even if they took ALL of my advertisers, it wouldn't stop me from Blogging, period. By the way, why is your cat SCREAMING at me. LOL

Anonymous said...

Its gonna be so funny watching all their reporters now having to wear vests or standing way back off the roads. I do remember them wearing vests last winter when it snowed. Does anyone know who their insurance company is.

Anonymous said...

dADDIO , PLEASE CALM THAT KITTY DOWN...hE IS SCAREY...meow

Anonymous said...

Come on wboc, lead by example. If you are going to claim your delmarva's news leader, start acting like one.

Anonymous said...

WHERE is business up 7 percent. I'm down at least 60% and I've never worked harder in my life. What a jerk.

Daddio said...

He's not screaming ... he is a scaredy-cat.

He was simply practicing for upcoming Halloween ... LOL

Anonymous said...

Dam she's hot

Anonymous said...

Off the subject of vests, but keeping with Kayla, there was a post on there Facebook page from someone that complaining Kayla harrassed them about doing an interview in the Giant parking lot. I never saw a reply from WBOC.

Anonymous said...

All of Wboc girls are HOTT! dont make them cover up...

Anonymous said...

Daddio,how do you get that cat to do that?

Anonymous said...

Daddio, your cat must be calling Mr. Jahelka a LIAR!