Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How Many Times a Week Is Normal?

One of the questions I get asked a lot as a sex therapist is - How many times a week is it normal to be having sex to have a normal sex life? The most important thing that I tell everyone is that it's personal, meaning that it's about YOUR level of desire and how often you want to be having sex coupled with how often your partner wants to be having sex.

If both of you are OK with having sex once a week or twice a week or twice a month, even-- great! As long as neither one of you is feeling deprived or feels you're missing out on having the sexual intimacy, your sex life is up and running and working for the two of you.

More

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once a week? Twice a week??

Get real!! How about every night??

Anonymous said...

For me it's 12 times a year. January Febuary, March, April, etc.

Anonymous said...

Wow, my wife tells me once a month is normal. Now I really feel like a naive uninformed liberal.

Anonymous said...

With her I would need once a day.. just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

it depends if you only count the wife......

Anonymous said...

my goverment gives me sex daily.

Anonymous said...

Seven times a week.

Anonymous said...

depends on how old you are. when i was 17, it was 2 or 3 times a day...
not so much now, lol...

Anonymous said...

depends on when her husband comes home

Anonymous said...

I saw a sex-therapist couple who said that not a day goes by that they do not have sex. All I can say is more power to them.

Anonymous said...

Sooner or later your parents slow down your sex life. Father Time and Mother Nature.

Anonymous said...

9:25 PM

lol I like that one. So true.

Anonymous said...

funny how they show 2 smokin hot people, most of us look at our partner, that ain't what we got.we DID, but no more, that's what marriage does. love it 6:51.

Anonymous said...

8 times a week. Once a day and twice on Sunday