Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 04, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: JUST A WARNING

My children were on their electric scooters about a half an hour ago and I was jogging behind them.  They were a little bit ahead of me, but still pretty close and a small silver suv slowed.  The man inside asked if they wanted a ride and my daughter said "no" and turned around to get back to me.  We live in a neighborhood off of Crooked Oak Lane.  There are several neighborhoods around here where children are outside playing.  I doubt he was just trying to be nice because my daughters were on electric scooters in daylight and didn't look like they were in need of a ride.  I just want to warn everyone to be on the look out.

8 comments:

Bullard Construction said...

description/ plate #?

Sarah said...

The man was probably in his mid to upper 20's, african american, hair shaved bald. Thats all I saw. I was too worried about my kids to even think to look at his plate...sorry.

Anonymous said...

not far from my house, get a tag#. We can stop this guy from harming an innocent child. Armed Citizens can protect our communities from this element of SCUM. End of story. Shoot first, bury later.

Anonymous said...

there is a silverish grey nissan car that frequents the Wolfe Creek/MH Park area of Nanticoke rd that does the same thing as described in the article.

Anonymous said...

there was a gold colored nissan sentra that terrorized my kids and other kids in the Kensington Woods developement on Wednesday afternoon. Two males

Anonymous said...

It's obvious that the police will do nothing about most incidents such as this. They have their hands tied with our present judicial system.
I suggest that people start forming groups to protect each other. You can call it what you want , neiborhood watch , vigilante or or what ever.
The rest of you chicken crap people just stand back.

Anonymous said...

Please call the police so they are also aware. They need to know even if your information is limited.

Anonymous said...

We live around the same area and about 3 weeks ago we were all in the yard early evening and my husband thought I was pulling our van around and then he realized it wasn't me. He then noticed I was outside with the kids. So he watched from the doorway and a silver suv had turned around and drove slowly past all of us in the yard. At that point he made sure everyone came inside rather quickly since he felt uncomfortable with the situation. We wanted to post this just in case we have an issue developing in this area. We will be taking this to the police so they at least know that it is not just one person has seen this kind of activity in the area.