Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Female Managers Earn 30 Percent Less Than Male Counterparts

The gender gap is wider among managers than in the rest of the American workforce.

The typical female manager makes 29.9 percent less than her male counterpart, according to an On Numbers analysis of new data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. On Numbers is a numbers-driven blog operated by Bizjournals.com, a sister website of the Baltimore Business Journal.

The 7.35 million women in the management, business and financial operations category earned a median of $961 per week during the second quarter of 2011. The 8.78 million men in the same classification drew median pay of $1,371 per week.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article is designed to make people hate each other.

Anonymous said...

and the problem is what ? ...

Anonymous said...

It's been like that ever since I can remember. When I would ask for a raise a long time ago, I was told married guys got them first because they had a family they had to support.

I don't know about hating each other but the practice is sexist. I wonder how many guys would like to have a woman boss?

I'm a guy btw.

Anonymous said...

I think the girl managers should be paid the same only if they git in the kichen and make me a sammich!

Anonymous said...

What do you expect? Men are just smarter then women.

Anonymous said...

I think the girl managers should be paid the same only if they git in the kichen and make me a sammich!

July 21, 2011 7:38 AM

Anonymous said...
What do you expect? Men are just smarter then women.

July 21, 2011 8:42 AM

I just know you're not that dumb to believe that, you're just trying to stir things up.

Anonymous said...

dont blame the company, usually its the demeanor of women who "dont want to start stuff" and will accept less because of that. this is a similar scenario to the chicken/egg deal.