Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 06, 2011

Weiner Says He Sent Photos And Lied, But Won’t Resign

At a news conference in Midtown Monday afternoon, Representative Anthony D. Weiner tearfully confessed to sending a photo of himself in his underwear to a woman via Twitter and then lying about it.

Mr. Weiner said the indiscretion was part of a pattern of sending inappropriate and at times explicit photos and messages to women he met over the Internet.

Mr. Weiner, 46, a popular and brash Democrat from Queens who has been considering a run for mayor of New York City and is known for aggressive and sometimes intemperate political commentary on Twitter, apologized repeatedly.

“I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people I care about the most and I’m deeply sorry,” Mr. Weiner said. “I have not been honest with myself, my family, my constituents, my friends and supporters and the media.”

He said he had no intention of resigning, that he had broken no laws and that while his wife “made it clear that she thought that what I did was very dumb,” his marriage was not ending. He said he never met any of the women.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he should resign. can't be trusted.
poor judgement. could be blackmailed.

Anonymous said...

This man is a weiner! He shuld resign immediately. What a perve! And, we can't find someone better? His wife works for Hillary, now that's a joke waiting to happen, isn't it? Resign, Weenie!

Anonymous said...

werent the dems calling for the head of a republican when the republican sent messages to someone about a year ago? dont remember the name or the exact story. but the republican ended up having to resign.