Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

BREAKING NEWS – “MD DREAM Act” Opponents Clear First Hurdle

According to the Maryland State Board of Elections, the petition drive to put the “MD DREAM Act” to referendum has cleared its first hurdle.

The group, led by Del. Neal Parrott (R-2B), needed 18,577 signatures turned in by May 31 to clear the first hurdle.  As of this evening, 31,016 signatures have been validated.

A total of 55,736 valid signatures will be needed by June 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh. This was news a week ago.

G. A. Harrison said...

I know that I should keep my temper. However, I simply can't help myself when a commenter makes such an ill-informed statement.

The petitions were TURNED IN a week ago. There were more than enough signatures. HOWEVER, they don't count until VALIDATED by the local Boards of Electons and certified to the State.

The state Board did not announce that there were enough signatures for the first hurdle until today. The number I gave in this post is from TONIGHT.

I have to admit when I am mistaken. I hope that you can do the same.