Incident: Assault / Child Abuse
Date of Incident: 9 May 2011
Location: 400 block of Prince Street, Salisbury, MD
Suspect: Anna M. Hampshire, 42, Salisbury, MD
Narrative: On 9 May 2011 at 8:05 PM, a deputy from the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a fight in the 400 block of Prince Street in Salisbury. Upon arrival, the deputy learned that Anna Hampshire of Salisbury had been involved in an altercation with her 13 year old son when Hampshire allegedly struck her son in the face twice.
During the ensuing investigation, the deputy saw injuries that corroborated these allegations.
The deputy placed Hampshire under arrest for both Child Abuse and Assault 2nd Degree. Upon transport to the Central Booking Facility, Hampshire was processed and taken in front of the District Court Commissioner. After an initial appearance, the Commissioner detained Hampshire in the Detention Center in lieu of $100,000.00 bond.
Charges: Child Abuse
Assault 2nd Degree
1. Gerald O. Savage, 36, Salisbury, MD; Assault 2nd Degree / Violation of a Protective order. Held WCDC
2. Gary Lee White, 33, Salisbury, MD; Assault 2nd Degree / Reckless Endangerment, Held WCDC
3. Robert James Niblett, 47, Hebron, MD; Failure to report to WCDC to serve sentence, Held
4. Russell John Schmidt, 18, Parsonsburg, MD; Assault 1st Degree, Held WCDC
5. James Thomas Heath, 42, Salisbury, MD; Assault 2nd Degree / Malicious Destruction of Property, Held WCDC
Failure to Appear Bench Warrant
1. Brian Maurice Jones, 26, Salisbury, MD; FTA – CDS Possession, Held WCDC $5,000.00 bond.
2. Quinton Jerome Bailey, 28, Princess Anne, MD; FTA – CDS Possession, Held WCDC $2,500.00 bond.
3. Alan Matthew Call, 43, Salisbury, MD; FTA – Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, held WCDC without bond.
4. Kaylee M. Prosper, 21, Salisbury, MD; FTA – Theft under $500, held WCDC $5,000.00 bond.
5. Virgil Lee Webb, 42, Millsboro, DE; FTA – Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Held in WCDC without bond.
6. James A. White., Jr., 29, Selbyville, DE; FTA Theft under $1,000, held WCDC $10,000.00 bond.
7. David Michael Arvey, 51, Delmar, MD; FTA – Theft, held WCDC $1,000.00 bond.
Violation of Probation Bench Warrant
1. John B. Wescott, 21, Delmar, DE; VOP – Unlawful Application for License and Fraud, held WCDC $10,000.00 bond.
2. Breonia Letise Showell, 21, Washington, DC; VOP – Concealed Dangerous Weapon, Held WCDC $500.00 bond
3. John Francis Russell, 40, Westover, MD; VOP – Drive Suspended, Held WCDC $2,500.00 bond.
Child Support Body Attachment
1. Damon Antonio Eugene Shelton, 35, Silver Spring, MD; Child Support Non- Compliance, held WCDC $2,5000.00 bond.
2. Ricardo Abitua III, 37, Salisbury, MD; Child Support Non-Compliance, held WCDC $23,000.00 bond.
3. Kemayne Shabazz Smith, 33, Hebron, MD; Child Support non-Compliance – Worcester County Warrant – turned over to Worcester Sheriff.
4. Damaina Donte Trower, 43, Mardela Springs, MD; Child Support Non-Compliance, Held WCDC $15,000.00 bond.
Circuit Court Indictment
1. Brian Edward Curtis Austin, 25, Salisbury, MD; Child Pornography Dist., held WCDC $10,000.00 bond.
2. James Labih Brasure, 22, Whaleyville, MD; Manufacture Counterfeit Currency, held WCDC without bond.
Circuit Court Juvenile
1. Female Juvenile, 17, FTA for Hearing, held in the Lower Eastern Shore Children Center pending court.
Fugitive from Justice
1. Jesse James Mitchell, 53, Laurel, DE; Fugitive from Delaware, Driving Under the influence, held without bond pending extradition back to Delaware.
2. Saul Thomas Bernadac, 24, Salisbury, MD; Fugitive from Virginia, FTA- Reckless Driving, Held without bond pending extradition back to Virginia.
3. Ronald James Campbell, 30, Willards, MD; Fugitive from Delaware, Burglary / Theft, Held WCDC without bond pending extradition back to Delaware
4. Alfred L. Dennis, 41, Salisbury, MD; Fugitive from Delaware, Burglary, Held WCDC without bond pending extradition back to Delaware.