Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Traveling "Education" Salesman

Yesterday around 5pm, a heavyset white male named “Bryan” wearing a lanyard with some “official credential” like ID card affixed to it, came to my front door.  I live off of Mt Herman and Walston Switch Rd.  This slimy character engaged my wife in a conversation about education and held a clipboard with handwritten names, addresses, and even children’s names.  I found him hassling and pressuring my wife who was struggling with the tail end of nap time for my kids.  I told him to leave my property and to not come back.  He told me his last name after I asked and I conveyed my dismay by him being at my house on Memorial Day Monday trying to sell whatever it was that he was selling.  His comment back to me was, “Well I would like to think that then this certainly assures my freedom to be here then!”  I quickly retorted, “Not on my property!”  I told him I was going to call the Sheriff’s Office due to his suspicious nature and he quickly moved his fat ass down my driveway and to his car where he just stood continuing to argue with me.  I told him to leave my neighborhood as well.  He stated, “I am going to all of your neighbors!”  I told him that my neighbors wouldn’t tolerate his crap either.  I know it was hot yesterday, but this shady “Bryan” character was broke out in a full sweat this time.  I know a snake when I see one and something about this guy just screamed child abduction / pedophile / sex offender.  I would like to know if anyone else in the SBYNews blog area has had contact with this guy.  With the amount of name son his “list” I am sure someone else out there has talked to him.  I want to know his credentials and what he is doing in my neighborhood. 

“Bryan”
White male
602 270 pds
Brown hair

White Ford Taurus
Iowa tags “N11 ???”
**a lot of stickers /decals and junk on his car

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Delmar, De and not this gentleman but another kid came to our neighborhood doing the same thing. He seemed very nice and polite and left when i told him that i had no children in school. he too had spoken with other people in the neighborhood and referred to them by first name when talking to me like he had built a relationship with them. he then inquired about other houses and the status of kids in those houses and left. he claimed he was from the university of iowa and had just arrived. this happened earlier last week. i dont know what he wanted but warned my neighbors.

Anonymous said...

"I want to know his credentials and what he is doing in my neighborhood."


You should have just asked him!

Anonymous said...

So you have a hysterical panic attack at the notion there are door to door salesman still existing in the world trying to sell things to people, and run him off your property without even inquiring what he is selling. He leaves, and NOW you want to know what he's selling?

If it was "education" I think you should have bought some.

Anonymous said...

I believe they buy and sell text books.

Anonymous said...

Instead of complaining here well after the fact you should have had enough forethought to call the Sheriff. If this guy wouldn't leave you could have had him charged with trespassing or the smart thing to do would have been just close the door in his face. Seems to me all you wanted to do was start a fight. Chances are YOU are the only one in your neighbor hood that had issues with this gentleman. So now ask yourself the question what did I accomplish? If you really want to make someone uncomfortable in your neighborhood and get them to leave quickly (especially if they are up to no good or criminal activity)take a picture of them. That way when a police officer (which YOU did not call)arrives he has a very clear image of who to look for. Or you can post that picture here and find out what he was selling or trying to accomplish because chances are your door was not the only door he knocked on.