Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Man Finds More Than $40,000 Cash in Utah Home, Returns it to Owners


A man who found more than $40,000 cash in the Utah home he recently bought has returned the money to its rightful owner, The Salt Lake City Tribune reported Thursday.

Josh Ferrin discovered the money stuffed in eight ammo boxes in the attic while he was exploring a workshop room in the Bountiful home on Tuesday.

"I opened it up, freaked out. Closed it, locked it in my truck and called my wife," Ferrin said of the surprise.

At the time he thought of his car troubles, repairs and renovations for the house and his desire to adopt a child -- but he returned it to the owner.

"I couldn't let myself consider the money mine," he said.

"This little guy [the previous homeowner] didn't put it there for me. He put it there for a rainy day," he said.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

choices, choices, choices; everyday we all have to make choices. the great character of this man shines. what we do when no one sees us is very telling. good for him. God will bless this man.....

Anonymous said...

Amen

lastword said...

And the previous owner forgot it was there?

lastword said...

Oh, previous owner had died.

Just goes to show the article should be read first. My bad.

Anonymous said...

2:44 it doesn't matter. the money could be returned to his family members who are still living.

bottomline, the money wasn't his and he knew it.

lastword said...

Umm, thanks but that wasn't what I was saying.

Anonymous said...

Forgery money and now you get the charge too for transporting the evidence.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me ...right after settlement, everything within those doors changes hands.