Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lost Kitty 5-23-11: UPDATE

Joe…

Sam is a 5 year old neutered male, all black, with a white bow tie. Declawed.

Six toes. Being treated for skin allergy-fur is a little patchy. Indoor cat that is very loved. Reward if found.

Last seen Friday 5/20/11 approximately 7pm in the Nevins Mill subdivision in Salisbury.

Thanks so much~~
One Heartbroken Kitty Lover

Posted: 5-23-11 

UPDATE:

Mr. Albero:
Last night at 8:30pm I received my first and only call in eight long days reporting a possible siting of my cat, Sam, about one eighth of a mile from my house.

I missed the call by 30 minutes and by the time I arrived Sam had been scared away by a resident and very territorial Siamese. The neighbor and I combed both his property, as well as those adjacent, but no Sam. Just as we were about to give up, my neighbor smartly suggested that I drive to the street behind his house where a wooded lot abuts up against his own.

Admittedly, with hope dwindling, I drove out of the Nevins Mill subdivision and doubled back to a parallel street whose name I don't remember. Within seconds, literally, of exiting my vehicle and giving a call out for Sam, a very dirty and emaciated black cat came running toward me meowing plaintively.

As promised, I have already provided a reward to my neighbor, but would like also, if you will allow me, to make a contribution in your name to a charity of your choice. Please advise.

Personally, I extend to you my respect, admiration and warm appreciation for your service and dedication to your community.

Sincerely,
Lynn M. Cole

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, just one more example what you have offered our community for the last several years. Thanks for what you do. A faithful reader

Anonymous said...

oh that is a happy ending and so nice! happy for ms cole and thank you Joe!!!

Lisa Della Ratta said...

Great news, and so happy for you, Lynn! I've been in your shoes and felt the elation at having been reunited with a lost pet. Lovely gesture on your part, too.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit...you never gave up faith in finding your cat....

Anonymous said...

cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a phoney post!

Anonymous said...

that's such great news! What a wonderful outcome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Joe! As was said, this is such a wonderful example of what you do for the community And The Animals!! By way of the Internet soooo mnay have been found. Thanks for your help & love of the animals. EW

Anonymous said...

Actually....this is a very ligitmate posting. Lynn is my boss. Joe was immediately helpful in this situation...posting as soon as I contacted him. Thanks Joe for helping with Sami!!! Lynn is an animal lover in the truest sense of the word...and her heart was broken. Welcome home Sami!!