Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Twenty One Gun Salute

Today we say our final goodbye's to my Father In Law Art Goetz. Art will be laid to rest today in Arlington Cemetery where our Military will pay their respects with the traditional twenty one gun salute and a formal ceremony.

Dot and Art Goetz raised 6 beautiful Daughters while Art served in two wars in the Marine Corps. They say, "You can't pick your relatives." Well, fortunately for me, I could and I did. We may have been related by marriage but no one could ever say Art Goetz wasn't one of the best Father's, providers and examples of a damn good American.

Art was one of my biggest supporters with Salisbury News and my Freedom of Speech. Several times over the past few years I debated giving it up. Art always had my back and encouraged me to move forward.

Rest In Peace my dear friend and Thank You for protecting my rights and protecting America. God Speed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put Joe. Since he is being buried in Arlington National Cemetery, all Americans are indebted to him. "Thank you, brave soldier." He certainly will be in my prayers.

lmclain said...

We are ALL indebted to him and the thousands of other men and women just like him, who set the standard for bravery, integrity, morality, selflessness, and sacrifice. I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

John Robinson said...

He's burning in hell as we speak. He should've told you to keep your fucking mouth shut, because you and your idiot family are fucking losers. Hopefully you die of AIDS and I can piss on your grave, you cum swallowing faggot. I hope that if there's a school shooting they take out your kid first. Not a threat, just hoping that if it happens, you get affected. Art is probably blowing guys in hell as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Robinson will never get my business. He is a disgrace to his father and mother.

Now, back to your F-I-L. Art Goetz was a fine and honorable man. I will never forget meeting him a few years back. Semper Fi, Mr. Goetz, and thank you for everything.