Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 04, 2011

I Confess: God Might Be A Libertarian

"God isn't a Republican or a Democrat," a friend in my men's prayer group said to me a while ago after temporarily posting his Republican political preference on his Facebook profile. This young friend uses Facebook primarily to evangelize on behalf of Christ, and was annoyed by a bunch of complaints from Democratic friends about how the Republicans opposed Christian principles such as favoring war and social justice.

"You're right," I jokingly replied. "God's not a Republican or a Democrat. But He might be a libertarian," But then I corrected myself and added, "Of course, I'm only half kidding about that."

GO HERE to read more.

2 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

I doubt it. Are you sure he is not a radical right-wing populist?

lastword said...

I don't know what a right-wing populist is. I don't know what a right-wing anything is.

Or a left-wing. Or a liberal. Or conservative. I don't think I know what most labels mean.

I just know if people act good or bad. Generous or selfish. Tell truths or lies. Are mean and hateful or nice and helpful.

Wonder what label I am.