Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Emergency Room Doctor On "Culture Crisis"

Pictured  above is a young physician by the name of  Dr.  Starner Jones. His short letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a "Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health  Care  Crisis".
Dear Mr.  President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room  last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient  whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose  body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and  costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis  shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B  ringtone.

While glancing over her patient chart,  I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as  "Medicaid"!

During my examination of her, the patient  informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of  cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress  expect me to pay for this woman's health care?   I contend that our nation's "health care  crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses.

Rather, it is the result of  a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly  acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while  refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid,  purchase health insurance.  It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of  me".

Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will  disappear.

Respectfully,

STARNER JONES,  MD

6 comments:

nikki said...

Well said!

Unknown said...

This is so true!! I am sick of paying for losers who don't want to help themselves.

dan said...

I think I have seen this post on this blog before, and I know I have seen the picture.

EdenMan said...

It's refreshing to see a working professional come out and call'm like he sees' m. More people should have the guts to speak up....the entitled class might finally get the message.

hardworkinggal said...

Reminds me of the woman I was in back of at Super Fresh recently. Her bill came to over $170.00 and she whips out her Independence card. And I worry about
spending more than $15.00 at the checkout counter.

Unknown said...

This is exactly how it is in the City of Salisbury, we have neighbors who ride around in brand new cadillacs, own seven vehicles and still get assistance, and checks for their children too. they deal drugs right in front of your noses but the police can't catch them. Their children under age 18 don't even attend school, and they sure are not home teaching them! This is for real, we wonder how we are going to pay our bills and all the ones going around getting a free ride, no wonder so many turn to drugs, theft, and violate every rule Salisbury has.