Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Obama Might Say Tonight

What Obama might say tonight, per his past speeches and his predecessors’… Does he talk about civility or save it for his State of the Union?... Obama’s speech in Arizona is at 8:00 pm ET… Palin breaks her silence… Bottom line: In her video on Saturday's tragedy, she expresses sadness but doesn’t apologize for her map or her rhetoric… Contrasting Palin and Obama on civility in American politics… And House to consider resolution honoring Giffords and the other victims.

What Obama might say tonight: From his past speeches on tragedy and unprovoked violence, from the guidance we’ve received from the White House, and from the addresses by his predecessors, we have a pretty good idea what President Obama will probably say in tonight’s speech on Saturday’s shooting in Arizona. As he did in his 2009 address at Fort Hood, he will honor the fallen, the injured and the heroes, and will share anecdotes he's heard in his personal calls to the families of victims. “We pay tribute to 13 men and women who were not able to escape the horror of war, even in the comfort of home... So we say goodbye to those who now belong to eternity. We press ahead in pursuit of the peace that guided their service.” He also surely will condemn the violence, as he did at Ft. Hood. “It may be hard to comprehend the twisted logic that led to this tragedy. But this much we do know -- no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. For what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world, and the next.”

GO HERE to read more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh..lets see

if you disagree with me you're a racist hater

if you disagree with me you're ignorant and uneducated

if you disagree with me you're misguided, probably by talk radio

if you disagree with me we are going to silence you

that should about cover it

Anonymous said...

How about this:

I can say whatever I want to say, good or bad, groudbreaking or dull, and to a large population of you it will not matter at all. You hate the way I walk, talk, smile, breathe, dress, et all. I could figure out a way to cure cancer, pay everyone $100,000 a year, eliminate all taxes, bring back every job lost over the last 50 years, AND outlaw abortion, flag burning, the Democratic Party, AND decress the sainthood of Ronald Reagan and you will still hate me. Mostly because I am a Democrat, but there are other reasons too.

So how about this, just like every president in history, I am going to do what I want to. But don't worry, I won't forget to give you a shout-out during my second inaugural address. Because, as much as you hate and dispise me and all I am about, and you want the country to go in a better direction, you will probably nominate that tarty, empty dress from Alaska. For that, I thank you.

Anonymous said...

One track minds - of course that is what we should take from this tragedy. Poor guy, whoever did you focus all this rage on before Obama was president? Do you even get that the point of this article is about the victims, and not your obsession with Obama? Can we spell idiot, boys and girls?

Anonymous said...

Obama will say whatever the teleprompter tells him to say.
It will be long boring and completely useless because it's not about what Obama says, it's about what he does.

Anonymous said...

I dont care what he says, that is why I turned him off right of way...

Follow a idiot, you are an idiot...