Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The General Election Campaign Begins Today

Dear Joe,

I wanted to write a quick note to thank you for your support in last night's primary election, and to announce that my campaign has produced our first TV ad which will begin airing today. The ad is entitled “American Dream” and I'm very proud of the story it tells about my family and my country.

The ad tells the story of my parents, both immigrants from Eastern Europe who fled communism and came to this country with only what they could carry in one suitcase. Like millions of other immigrants, they came in search of freedom and the American Dream. They raised four boys - all successful in their own way. The ad goes on to paint a portrait of the life they were able to create for me. My parents' success in this country gave me the opportunity to serve in the Naval Reserves, become a doctor and raise a family.

Unfortunately, I see the American Dream that my parents experienced slipping away day by day. I firmly believe the policies coming out of Washington, D.C. are robbing our children of that Dream. I will not stand by and allow that to happen. That's why I'm running for Congress.

Television ads are incredibly expensive. To run one 30-second spot on WBAL during the 11 o' clock news costs $1,600 and one ad during 60 Minutes on a Salisbury station costs $575! We need to raise $21,000 by Tuesday evening to complete our advertising buy for the first week.

I'm asking for your help to keep this ad on the air. Please go to our fully secure online donation center to make your most generous donation. Your donation of $100, $200 or even $500 will allow me to air this ad across the First District.

Your generous contributions to my campaign have helped us get this far. With the finish line in sight, I am asking you to be there for me again.

Thank you for your continued support.

Andy Harris, M.D.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats what Im talking about.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
No one will beat him
Dems or republicans...
Yes we did!

In this victory Andy
Says a lot to us all.

Get ready for
A sweeping win this
Year in November.

!

Anonymous said...

Yes 2:58, Yes he is... ;)

dinosaur said...

Which country in Eastern Europe did his parents come from ? Why does he not say? Most people are proud of their heritage.

Orsonwells said...

9:10, Not everyone does the "Hyphenated- American" thing. I, for one, am just an American. 100%. There is no need to go into explaining what two countries my grandparents came from. It really has nothing to do with my allegiance to the USA.