Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bike Week Is Officially Here




I just returned, (for a little while) from Winter Place Park and the crowd has to be 90% bigger this year than it was at this time last year. Bikes are everywhere and everyone is having a blast.

This is one of my most favorite times of the year. Perfect weather, loud Harley's and living proof that motorcycle owners and just great people.

There are plenty of food vendors there as well as merchandise vendors. Tonight would probably be your best night to visit as it will be slower today than the rest of the weekend.

Tidewaterbound, if you think its bad today, wait until tomorrow. They're expecting more than 200,000 bikes. We'll see you on the road Folks! Enjoy but always ride defensive.

7 comments:

Tidewaterbound said...

I know Joe, we live through it every year. I just want everyone safe out there. I'd prefer a little less noise, but I'll take the noise if there were a little more careful driving going on.

Bikes are notoriously difficult to see and almost create their own blind spots, so I guess the loud mufflers are your warning signals.

Thanks Joe

Anonymous said...

..omg... my husband and I enjoy this so much ... the weather is perfect for riding! Prayers for safety to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Recession? What recession?

Anonymous said...

I will not ride on a motorcycle much to the dismay of my husband, but I just love the rumbling going on here in OC!

Anonymous said...

Make sure to stop by Flannery's at Winterplace and enjoy some GREAT food!

Anonymous said...

Rode today and just loved it. Can't wait till tomorrow to ride da fatboy!!

Robin said...

Fundraiser for a fallen biker (funds to benefit his daughters) being held this Sat at Midnight Riders in Selbyville.