Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Health Care Reform

Dear Mr. X:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about health care reform. It's good to hear from you.

I appreciate hearing your opposition to the health care reform bills that have been signed into law - the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (Public Law 111-152). While these bills are not perfect, I am proud of what we were able to accomplish. We passed a health reform law that saves and strengthens Medicare; makes sure insurance companies can't discriminate against you because of a pre-existing condition, or because of your age or gender; provides universal access to health care, and emphasizes quality, prevention and integrative health to save lives and save money. These are the principles of health reform that I have been committed to and have been fighting for throughout my career.

The health reform bills will also improve our economy by reducing the federal deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years.

As we move forward, I do believe America will be better served by having guaranteed access to affordable, comprehensive, quality health care.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.
Sincerely, Barbara A. MikulskiUnited States Senator Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail account is not monitored.If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit my Webform at http://mikulski.senate.gov/Contact/contact.cfm

2 comments:

smitty240 said...

When is this lady going to get her fill of the Koolaid? And the constituents that continue to elect her?

Anonymous said...

thanks to obamacare and the insurance companies knowing we will be forced to have coverage and will have to pay whatever they ask, my insurance will have gone up $200 per month this year. THANKS SOOOO MUCH, PREZ!! Hey Joe, how about a survey question about what your readers pay for health insurance?