Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Family, Friends, Business Associates, Law Enforcement, Say Goodbye To Sam Vincent






Today, I spent some of the finest quality time I have ever had the privilege of enjoying. Trinity Church in Salisbury was so packed, they actually had to hold the over flow across the street where they fed the ceremony of Sam's life via video feed to an extended crowd.

The speakers brought forth messages of Sam's life and how he touched so many throughout the Eastern Shore. I'll not get into details but I will say I was truly touched by every single speaker and I walked away a much better man today.

Sam Vincent clearly lived a life of direction and honor. We should all be so lucky to walk in that mans shadow, should we ever achieve such greatness. Mr. Perdue shared a story about Sam as a young man after his Pop Pop passed away. His Father had passed away two years prior and Mr. Perdue's story certainly left me convinced that Sam is resting peacefully in that very place we all long to go, HOME.

I envy those who were close to Sam Vincent as there is absolutely no question in my mind that this was a man you'd have to be honored to call your friend. WOW, what a cool guy!

R.I.P. Sam Vincent. Perhaps one day we'll meet again and by that time I will have achieved and become 1/10th the man you were on earth. I've got a lot of work to do. Thanks for sharing those stories today and may God Bless the entire Vincent Family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Sam, I have shed tears several times this week after we lost you and Page Elmore. Till we meet again my friend....

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, Joe! The service today was so very touching. The turnout shows just how many lives Sam touched with his humbleness and integrity. I will miss him every day but I know that he is home now. God bless Jill and the rest of his family for sharing him with us.

Anonymous said...

Its always the good 1s that are taken. RIP.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe for this post. May God give peace to the Vincent Family Knowing Sam is watching over them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe. Well said.

Anonymous said...

All that knew him wept. One of Salisburys Best---If not The Best!! You will always be remembered Sam. RIP EW