Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Bus Tour Was A Huge Success


Last weekend, I embarked on a 12-stop bus tour of the entire First Congressional District. We stopped in each county in the district, talking to folks in Ocean Pines, Salisbury, Princess Anne, Cambridge, Easton, Denton, Chester, Chestertown, Severna Park, Perry Hall, Forest Hill, and Elkton. It was a great opportunity to step out from behind the sound-bites that seem to dominate so much of a political campaign and talk to folks about what issues are important to them.


On this trip I talked to hundreds of Marylanders and I heard them loud and clear--they've had enough of the Obama/Pelosi agenda.


Many folks feel the American Dream is slipping away and that Democrats in Congress are doing nothing to keep that from happening. People have told me that they want a representative that will stand up against the Democrats and their policies.


Nancy Pelosi has told us repeatedly that the policies she forces on the American people will not increase our National Debt. Those of us who work for a living know that the only way to spend more money without going into debt is to increase the money coming in. In government, this only means raising taxes, and I can promise you that is not an acceptable option. I will not stand by and pass the burden on to our children and grandchildren.


I am the only candidate in this campaign who has a proven record of fiscal conservatism. I have fought for smaller government and lower taxes in the Maryland Senate, and I will take that fight straight to Nancy Pelosi's front door.


The people of this district have had enough - and it is time that they fight back. Please consider making a financial contribution to our campaign. Our message is strong - but we need your help to make sure that the voters of this district know about it.


I am also asking my supporters to forward this message to all of their conservative friends - please let your friends know about my message of true fiscal conservatism.


Thank you for your support.
Andy Harris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another pompous ass! go back to the other side of the bridge where you came from!