Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

West Side Intermediate & Primary School Bus Accicent





First of all Folks, NO CHILDREN ARE INJURED.

As the School Bus was attempting to cross Rt. 50 the Substitute Driver did not see the oncoming vehicle heading west bound on Rt. 50 and barely collided. As you can see from the front bumper of the School Bus, there's not much damage and the vehicle was able to sway away from a very serious accident, getting side swiped by the bus and running off the side of Rt. 50. The Bus was loaded with children.

ALL of the Children will be returned to the School and Parents will have to pick them up. That's protocol Folks. Thank God every one is OK as this could have been a whole lot worse.

The Bus was delivering Children to the Waller Road area. I don't know the exact Bus route but they did tell me they would normally be dropping them off on Waller Road and surrounding neighborhoods.

The driver of the car was taken to the Hospital complaining of neck pain. Everyone else in the car did not request assistance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my daughter was on that bus....i have 100% in the owner of this bus...i too rode that bus for years and he has been driving for years also with no incidents...i hope he doesnt use this substitute that didnt see on coming traffic??? are you serious.....they could have killed some kids today! pay attention

Anonymous said...

Somebodies insurance just went up.

Anonymous said...

Ashley....Im sorry, I didnt realize it was "her" driving, I thought it was just some sub...I also have trust in her too and I hope she is ok, I would be tore up about it. Im just glad that it wasnt worse! I think all parents will agree with me and understand it was a total accident and that while we need not worry about what could have been and only that all is ok!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone on the bus and other vehicle are ok..

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carrie. She was really shaken up from what my mom tells me but is ok now. She's just grateful that no one got hurt, as we all are. Thanks again for the kind words, I'm sure both her and my father really appreciate your support=)
Ashley

And thank you Joe for reporting the facts and making sure it was clear that no one got hurt. We trust in you for all the latest news and you do an awesome job!