Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Minorities In The Tea Party

Sarge,

I was at the TEA Party rally July 4th, 2009 in Boston which had a fair amount of a racial mix.

But to answer your question, the TEA Party is a Conservative Movement, not Rupublican and not Democrat. Having been involved in politics for over 40 years, both as a registered democrat and now as a registered republican, I believe that many minorities are within the Liberal faction or democrat base. So why would they want to attend a TEA PARTY rally? This is the reason why you do not see many minorities at Tea Party rallies. However ANYONE with a Conservative view who wishes to bring back Constitutional principals to Washington is always more than welcome to join the movement.

As a conservative, and a self made man, it bothers me to see my tax money wasted on entitlement programs that only serve to enslave those who the program intends to help. I am my brothers keeper, however it should be my choice how and whom I help, not the government's. I believe in a hand up, not a hand out. If you research the trend for charitable contributions you will see a drastic decline in giving each time a NEW entitlement program has been instituted and a decrease in personal wealth. I try to give 10% after taxes to charity each and every year, but as the tax rate increases my donation in terms of real dollars decreases as well. I am against every entitlement program incrulding Social Security for if I had the money that has been taken out since I was 16, I would have a much better ability to support myself and a better standard of living than what SS will provide, that is if it is still around in 23 years.

No American should ever grow to rely on the government for anything but the defense of our great nation and laws that protect our gaurantee of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. The ONLY RIGHTS provided under the U.S. Constitution. Once you become reliant on government you become a slave to it and slavery was abolished under the 13th Admendment.

Let me ask you a question, have you ever read the U.S. Constitution? I carry a pocket copy, which you can get for free from the Heritage Foundation. I would also suggest a reading of the Federalist Papers, and the writings of Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe and John Jay. Then will you come to understand the principals of our founding fathers and how we have drifted so far away from these basic principals. This is what the TEA PARTY is all about.

Chuck

3 comments:

Alex said...

I would also suggest that Constitution considered non-white man as 3/5 of a person.

Anonymous said...

Chuck should read his pocket Constitution, which he so lovingly carries around with him all the time. "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is nowhere in there.

The Constitution does not guarantee us these things. The phrase in question comes form the Declaration of Independence.

If I recall correctly, the Constitution (Article 4?) allows the Federal Government to provide for the common defense, negotiate treaties with foreign governments, regulate interstate commerce, and "provide for the common good." All powers not EXPRESSLY given to the Federal Government within the Constitution are reserved wholly for the states.

It's the application of Interstate Commerce, the Common Good, and the taking of excess taxes from the states which require compliance with Federal regulations (which effectively seizes powers from the states) that has screwed things up in this country.

Just one more example why people should learn to read and understand source documents instead of relying on an anonymous "expert" to do their thinking for them.

Anonymous said...

Not the "common good", 12:52. It's the "general welfare".