Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 29, 2010

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE

Gary Comegys, Vice President of the Salisbury City Council, announced today that he has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a type of cancer formed by cancerous plasma cells.

Comegys was diagnosed late last week, after tests revealed a cancerous tumor in his lower back. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment at Peninsula Regional Medical Center. In the weeks ahead, he will receive additional treatment at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore.

Comegys is planning to continue his duties on the Salisbury City Council and is prepared and ready for the fight ahead. “Clearly this has come as a shock to me and my wife Debbie,” Comegys said. “We are receiving exceptional care at PRMC and we have complete confidence in our doctors. We are grateful for the support we’re receiving from our family and friends and we remain hopeful that my treatment will go fine.”

Council President Louise Smith has been in contact with Comegys and his family and is optimistic about the road ahead. “Gary is a fighter. We all know that,” she said. “This is a time to rally around Gary. Let us keep Gary and his wife, Debbie, in our thoughts and prayers. I look forward to Gary continuing his work for the people of Salisbury

12 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

God be with Gary and family. They will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My father was diagnosed with the same thing back in 2001. University of Maryland Medical Center is the place to be. They are on the cutting edge with the latest treatments and are with out a doubt the best of the best.

Anonymous said...

I wish him well.

Please research the alternative options for cancer treatments which include dietary changes to BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM.

There are many holistic doctors who believe chemotherapy damages the immune system, and thereby does more harm than good. By boosting the immune system with a specialized diet, the person can allow their own natural defense against cancer cells.

Mardela said...

My prayers are going out for him and his family. Cancer can strike anyone at anytime. Although we may disagree with people for different reasons, this is a time for human compassion. Lets all pray for Gary for a speedy recovery.

doug wilkerson said...

Cancer sucks, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

no matter what personal or political feelings we all have about Gary, now is the time to pray for his ful recocery and to beat this.

Anonymous said...

As much as I normally disagree with Gary on many, many things... on a personal level I would never wish him harm. I hope and pray he recovers fully.

Donna said...

Best wishes to Gary and his family at this time. Politics aside, I wish this on no one. We'll pray for complete remission and recovery.

Mad Granny said...

Politics brings out the worst in people. I am in agreement, I don't like what he has done politically, but at the same time, noone should have to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this about Gary. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. He should seek care outside of Salisbury. Please contact The Cancer Treatment Centers of America, they are truly wonderful and the most caring caregivers I have ever seen. God Bless Gary and Debbie and their families.

Chimera said...

Cancer is hell,its like fighting an invisible enemy.Best wishes for Gary and his family

Anonymous said...

Having just gone through cancer treatment, PRMC cancer center was great. For as bad as cancer is, my care there was awsome. God speed with your recovery Gary. cj