Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

THANKS!

Hi Joe,

I just wanted to thank the kind man from A+ Landscaping that dug out my mailbox for free. In the last snow storm we received a postcard from the post office saying that we had to dig our mailbox out, 15 feet to the left and 15 feet to the right. We did so, but as many of you know, this storm was a different kind of snow, and ice. Today, a man from A+ was driving by, on his way home (after what I presume has been an exhausting day!) and I asked him if he would mind digging out my mailbox for $10. It's not much, but all I had on me. He graciously accepted and then refused to take my money! Please, when the snow finally melts, and spring is here, patronize this company to thank him for this selfless act. I know I will!

Thanks for helping to spread the word of kindness,
TJK

1 comment:

JonC said...

as i loyal reader to this blog, i enjoy all..the good, the bad, and the ugly. news is supposed to invoke feeling or else it wouldnt be very interesting, like it or not, that is just how it is. i am a 29 year old male who has grown up and lived here all of my life. during the recent snow storms i have helped numerous neighbors and complete strangers and never thought twice about it, i just figured it was the correct thing to do. boy was i wrong. my mom, who is 51, was stuck in a driveway. as she struggled she said she noticed a few guys laughing and carrying on about her situation. it wasnt until a delivery truck came that she was helped. and that was only because she was blocking the road. look, help or don't help, personal right. mocking and laughter are completely out of line, especially at a place of business. so here is to you and your employees at bates/united van lines on benny st. in salisbury. congrats on your community support