Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Pictures From Parsonsburg




Joe,

Here are some pics from Parsonsburg from yesterday and today. As you can see, shoveling the sidewalk and a path to the cars was a chore. Thank goodness for good neighbors - a neighbor rode by on a tractor, saw me laboring to get to the road, and plowed most of it out of the rest of the drive to the road. He also took care of the corner of Berry and Shavox Road - a treacherous 90 degree turn. I went in to get my wallet and when I came back out he was already way down the road. So since I didn't get a chance to say thank you - THANK YOU! A little later on, someone else rode by in a small front-end loader and took care of my neighbor's driveway and took another swipe over that same corner. I should add that we've seen the county snow plows three times since the beginning of the storm and no salt or sand. We've got one lane open on our road and the portions of road that are shadowed by trees are extremely dangerous. It gets interesting when two vehicles meet and one must yield. I think the county owes a huge thank you not only to the road crews but to our farmers all over Delmarva who have sacrificed time and money (fuel isn't cheap) to help not only neighbors, but the entire community.

The head and house sticking up in that field of snow is the TOP of our birdbaths in the front yard; we took the bowl off of the taller one to keep it from cracking, the other stands about 2.5 feet high.

Lastly, my daughter had a great time collecting icicles and building an ice castle this morning - it was literally "for the birds!"

Take care of yourself while you're out there with Bruce doing the good deeds that set an excellent example for the rest of the community!

Shannon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you shoveling Shannon
Good Exercise
How come there is not a snow man family out front
Enjoy being snowbound

Anonymous said...

Could any of those good neighbors around the Parsonsburg area slip on over to the East Wicomico Little League field at Winterplace park hand help them out a little bit. They are in desperate need of volunteers to assist them with clearing their parking lot. Please!!

Judy said...

I would like to say that was my brother and my husband referred to in this post. They were out for several hours on Sunday and were glad to help those in the neighborhood! I told my brother I saw a picture of him driving the tractor on Salisbury News and he didn't believe me at first. I told him to go home and look. LOL