Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Holiday Inn Salisbury Knows How To Care For Locals


Joe,

Last Saturday morning after our 8th hour without power, I began calling Motels on the South side of Salisbury hoping to reserve room.

I call two newer motels, both told me the same thing. Yes, I could reserve a room, but I would be responsible for the full charge if I cancelled the room. In other words, if I booked the room at 10:00 am and cancelled at 11:00 am I would still be required to pay them the full fee.

My wife and I went to the store and decided to stop at the Holiday Inn Salisbury, Downtown Area. I walked in to inquire about a room. They told me I could reserve a room and if I got power back please call to release the room. After 6:00 pm I was responsible for the room. They told me and the other customers standing at the counter that the normal policy on weekends was 48 hours in advance but they were making exceptions because of the weather.

I applauded the business practice that the Holiday Inn Salisbury , Downtown implemented during this time of crisis. Fortunately our power was restored and we released the room immediately.

Thank You Holiday Inn Salisbury, Downtown Area.

Pete Richardson

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Nimla manage that place? She's always been super nice regardless of the hotel she is working at.

worfiesmom said...

The Holiday Inn Express in Delmar, also had the same policy.

Anonymous said...

you see the difference in these hotels already,I bet the hampton inn wouldnt do this!!

Anonymous said...

remember the old hip-hop song Ho-Tel , Mo-Tel , Holiday INN , if your girl Starts actin up, Then You Take HER Friend !!

Anonymous said...

5:01? hotel room service? that's not an old song.

Anonymous said...

Hampton Inn did do it--I had a reservation after my power was out for many hours, called after the power came back on , and they voluntarily agreed to waive the cancellation fee when I told them my power was back on.

Anonymous said...

The Hampton Inn in Fruitland was also considerate about last minute cancellations when the power came back on.

Anonymous said...

Country Inn and Suites also took good care of a few locals!!

Anonymous said...

Pete, U should have agenerator bynow! All the auctions there has to be one somewhere!