Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Middletown Teacher Found NOT GUILTY Of Rape

Joe,

Robert Schumacher is a very good friend of mine I met when I went to SU. You posted on your blog when he was falsely charged of raping a student at Middletown high School (it WAS newsworthy, I don't fault you for reporting it, BTW).

He was found not guilty on all counts today. I was hoping you could post the outcome to the story and remind folks that EVERYONE should be treated as innocent UNTIL proven guilty. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

http://www.middletowntranscript.com/breaking/x1498217467/Middletown-High-teacher-found-not-guilty-in-rape-case

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 30 minutes deliberating is a sign this was a very weak case that shouldn't have even gone to court,

Anonymous said...

wonderful news, I hope his career thrives from here on

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome to hear. I had that happen to a great friend of mine. All this negative reporting came from WBOC but when he was found not guilty (the jurors took 20 min to deliberate) there was no reporting from WBOC that this girl lied and WMDT did cover some but edited the recording so it looked like he was still guilty. I really hope he gets back on track!

Anonymous said...

I am appalled at the fact that a young girl, resorted to this for attention. In these days when a girl can just say "so-n-so" touched me, and that persons life is ruined. Then when the girl is found at fault, the system should give her, his sentence! I mean in every sense. His sentence, the life long registry, the humiliation and all, I bet that would stop a lot of false accusations!
Just my 2 cents

Anonymous said...

Of course, Terrorists are not innocent until proven guilty.

Once our government explains to us that a certain person is a terrorists, we all agree, that the person should be tortured until she/he confesses.

The terrorists are not entitled to such things as a lawyer, jury of peers, or due process. Terrorists are cruel, mean and evil.

Our government knows who the terrorists are. In the near future, our government will become good enough at their jobs to also know who has and who has not committed other crimes like rape, murder, and robbery. Then, when we hear that a person has committed one of these crimes we will also rest assured that there is no need for a lawyer, jury of peers or due process.

I love our government. It has never lied to me, or anyone I know. Anyone who says our government lies or makes mistakes is probably a terrorist.

Thank you
A Real American