Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Bathtub Test

During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized..

"Well," said the director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS ON, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a shrink ask me to draw a person in the rain once, I did and I gave him an umbrella. The shrink said why did you give him an umbrella, I said because you dont stand out in the rain without one. He said your fine, dumb shrink huh.