Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Montgomery County Maryland Experiences Blow-out Budget Woes

Montgomery County officials expect their budget deficit to swell to more than 608 million dollars. Their previous budget estimate - made in September - underestimated and was more than 240 million dollars off.

Click here to for more details:

I wonder how their County Council will react at their planned emergency meeting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My household budget has be running deficits. Can I just pass a law and raise my salary?
Maybe I should have an emergency family meeting.
Maybe I should rethink how I'm spending money, like the County of Montgomery should do!

Anonymous said...

Montgomery's County Executive probably elected not to engage the BOE in curtailing their budget just like in Wicomico.

If Montgomery doesn't look-out they could file for bankruptcy. I've heard of other municpals filing for bankruptcy before.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like they are already bankrupt.

I wonder if Moodies and S&P will give them a positive credit rating in light of their circumstances.

Anonymous said...

montgomery county is one the wealthiest counties in the country...plenty of taxpayer money available to them to balance things...dan snyder being one of them....
it's the democratic-run, maryland way! keep voting them in...and that's what you get.

Anonymous said...

Who gives a flying fig about those rich retired goverment workers/politicians living in Montgomerey COunty. They are the richest people in MAryland courtesy of the US taxpayer. You vote Liberal, you act like smug elite liberals, so enjoy your liberal economic disaster you desperately wanted.