Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 07, 2009

The Gift Of Friendship, Craftsmanship And Giving



My dear Friend Kimmie Marshall came to me a year ago and said she was working on a very special project for our Grandson.

One year later she came to Sam's Club, (knowing I'd be there ringing the bell) and presented the above stocking to me to give to our Grandson. It took Kimmie an entire year to hand craft this unbelievable piece of art and there was absolutely no way I could resist from showing all of you just how special it is.

The detail in just remarkable and to me there is no finer gift anyone could give someone else than a hand crafted present. Kimmie, you are one very special Lady and our Grandson will treasure this for the rest of his life.

The day she gave it to me happened to be his Birthday, which made it all that much more special.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it cross stitched? I have one that my Mom made for my brother and me 20 years ago that I still use at 30! I love it! Quality hand crafted things like these can truly last a life time!

10001110101 said...

There is nothing more quality than handmade cross stitched family heirlooms. I have thee most beautiful handmade cross stitching and doilies from my greatgrandmother. Much of it in German writing.

Nikki said...

It is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! What a thoughtful gift!

Anonymous said...

What an unbelieveable work of art. Kimmie you sure are one talented lady. Gavin you sure are one fortunate boy.

Paula said...

Kimmie ~ you have deeply touched my life ! You put so much love into every stitch and every breath you take. Your outlook on life could make anyone feel blessed to know you. I always look 4ward to being with you once/wk., and you are such an inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's cross-stitch. This was my summer project after having a small stroke. It helped me return to my average self. Thanks Joe, you've been there for me also.

My reward in giving this to you and your family was the expression on your face when you saw it. That told me without you saying a word how much you liked it. Thats why I enjoy doing this so much.

Bryan Fykes said...

Would she be willing to take orders for next year? I would pay handsomely for something like that for my kids.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Bryan I take orders. I have many different stocking patterns. Each one with its own theme.

Thank you Paula. You don't know how much you mean to me and the "girls". Wish I could take you to Florida with me next week!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a website? Id love to see the different patterns & prices.

Anonymous said...

If your interested in seeing the different patterns, email me.

kimmie264@yahoo.com