Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

East Side Deli Greg Knowles

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to reach out to you all. I know many of you are aware of the tragic situation that took place in Salisbury, MD just over a week ago. For those of you who are not, here is what happened. My father was shot at our family Deli in Salisbury, MD on Monday, November 30th, by an armed robber. Those of you who know my father, know he is literally the kindest and most selfless person many people will ever meet. I'm sure many of you have heard the saying, "he would give you the shirt off his back"... well my father really would and then give you a bowl of his homemade soup too!

The man who robbed our Deli shot my father and then proceeded to steal money out of a cash register, while my father fought for his life and almost bled to death on the floor where he was shot. This individual cannot be allowed to commit another act of violence against anyone else!


**We are starting a reward fund for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for this malicious act against my father. Anything you can donate to the reward fund would be greatly appreciated and may be the difference in catching this inhumane individual before he can hurt anyone else. If you can help please make any checks out to "The Greg Knowles/ East Side Deli Reward Fund. You can drop off checks at East Side Deli located at 1120 E. Main St., Salisbury, MD 21804 or mail them to the same address with Attention Alicia Knowles or Denise Knowles (my Mom). If you would like to donate money that is fine too, we just need to keep a list of the amount of money you have donated and your phone number or Address incase the reward is not used. If the reward is not used then all money and checks will be returned to everyone.*

Thank you all for your love and support. Please continue to pray for my Dad's speedy recovery, each day he improves a little more. Much love to you all.

14 comments:

doug wilkerson said...

Im glad your dad is going to be OK, My daughter Jamie use to work with you all a few years back. Like I said Im glad you Pop is gonna be alright.

Anonymous said...

Can a local bank open an account for this Reward Fund so people can donate online?

I am a Police officer and i apologize and embarrassed that our leaders can't get thier acts together and target these thugs. Demand better from our leaders! Its been going on for two years at least.

Orsonwells said...

He shot first, then wanted the money. That right there says it all.

God bless you, Greg, and a speedy recovery to you. I look forward to seeing you in Church soon.GB

Anonymous said...

dealt with Greg for years, he's been in my prayers since I heard, and I've prayed for the capture of the person who shot him. This reward fund is a great idea. All the best to Greg and his family, may they all recover fully.

Anonymous said...

Son, that reward money will be used, believe me on this one. That scum will be found....police chief be damned!

Anonymous said...

What a low life thug the armored robber is! Greg did not deserve this and the thug is still out there on the streets looking for his next "victim" I am petrified to leave my office after 5PM anymore knowing this low life thug is still out there on the lose and our infamous chiefy is not doing anything about it! He is more interested in hunting than protecting the citizens of Salisbury and surrounding area!
I am glad to hear that Greg is doing better while the chief is probably partying!

Anonymous said...

It is ludicrous that the chief of police does not have to live in the county. What a crock! If he can live 30 miles away, he's not needed very much.

10001110101 said...

A crackhead does not give a care about anything but:

1. Where am I going to get my money for my next fix.

2. Where am I going to get my fix.

Life means nothing to them.

There are alot of them out there.

Anonymous said...

Godspeed to Greg and his family.

Anonymous said...

my thought are with your father you all opened years ago and the location was prime now its just gone to hell i am sorry i would recommend moving your bussiness its a shame church st is what it is i am so sorry just a normal guy trying to make ends meet has to face the wrath of common street thugs

Anonymous said...

Why not give the money to Crime Solvers specifically for this crime?

Anonymous said...

Funny another site, the Propaganda Delmarva one, said over a week ago that this crime was solved. Good ol No Sentz got that wrong again.

pitmaster said...

Great idea for a reward fund; why not a bounty on the head of this scum?

Anonymous said...

The Knowles family are very good people and I hope the best to all of them during this time.

Police, SPD in particular, need to take a page out of their book; if they were to start creating reward funds in the manner in which the Knowles' have then I imagine that SPD would have a helluva lot of reward money right now! I certainly would donate to the fund if it helps get these criminals off our streets. I've donated to Greg Knowles Reward Fund and I don't even want the money back despite their promises to return my check-I want crime stopped! Although I shouldn't have to contribute to such a fund since I pay City and County taxes to have police services provided, it is my way as a citizen to help out. Citizens keep asking "how can I help?" My answer to you is 1) Arm and Protect yourself and your family while you're in your home and 2) Do the little things like this and/or simply keep your eyes open and ears alert. You can help out even if it is minimal. If everybody does something then, collectively, we can make a difference. If everybody in Salisbury were to simply donate $5 to a reward fund like this then the 26,000+ people of Salisbury can raise over $100,000 to assist in crime efforts. It adds up quick! If SPD doesn't or can't stop crime then we, as citizens, will!