Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, November 08, 2009

DEBATING THOSE DEDICATED TO SILENCING DISSENT

After a period of time reading the postings by Joe Albero on this blog site, I came to the conclusion, this was a man dedicated to truth. I thought,(and still do) what a fine medium in which to post my opinions. I assure the reader, that I attempt to research and post what, I believe, are true facts. I knew there would be people that held different views. What I did not expect was character assassination, utter disregard for facts presented or the total fabrication of bogus opinions. I am awed by Joe's ability to deal with some of these people. What follows are excerpts from an article by H. Michael Sweeney entitled, Twenty-five ways to suppress the truth.

A rational person participating as one interested in the truth will evaluate that chain of evidence and conclude either that the links are solid and conclusive, that one or more links are weak and need further development before conclusion can be arrived at. It is the job of a disinformation artist to interfere with these evaluations....to at least make people think the links are weak when, in truth they are not. Another tactic of the disinformation artist is to slow the process, creating apathy with absurd rhetoric, causing confusion.

The disinfo artist MUST seek to prevent rational and complete examination of any chain of evidence which would hang them. Since fact and truth seldom fall on their own, they must be overcome with lies and deceit, but truth will still win out.

Joel

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good , Ive told Joe many times , "the truth will set you free". Wayne

Anonymous said...

Joel,

I still don't really understand what your problem is. It seems to me that you signed up for this when you decided it was a "fine medium to post your opinions". I am glad that you decided to call them opinions. Now this is my favorite sentence though, "what I did not expect was character assassination, utter disregard for facts, or total fabrication of bogus opinions. This is what you said about me in one of the posts after I proved a fact (not an opinion), "You sir are a flat out liar”. While you utterly disregarded the facts, you also went with character assassination too. By trying to call me a liar so others wouldn’t see the truth. Did I come back at you with name calling, fabrications or anything else? No, I decided to once again go with the truth and what do you do, just stop commenting on your own story all together.
This is my opinion, you do not do enough research to be a poster on this site, or if you do you leave parts of the story out to fit your ideology. I will go to your last story on health care to prove that. You brought up the 13 new taxes that will be imposed while the economy is crumbling. Reading that, I am wondering how I will pay 13 new taxes with economy the way it is. I am scared, worried, pissed off more about healthcare. Then in the posts, I ask you how many of those taxes will affect the average middle class American. I imagine if you wanted to get the truth out there you would have answered me instead of just coming back with a nonsense post. And to answer my own question it is 1 tax (and only if the individual fails to obtain qualifying coverage). I do not really agree with this but it is in the bill. So in all actuality, we will be paying 0 new taxes for the health care bill. But you didn’t want to share that.

That is why I call you Mark the Misleader. If someone proves you wrong after you post, you should be able to accept that. And this little sob post here, seriously grow a pair or stop posting.

Anonymous said...

Joel,

Character Assassination is what you mainly get on this or any other blog site. If you or anyone posts an article or make any comments, there are a dozen viewers who are waiting to pounce on you, attack you personally, call you names, making comments to you that they would never tell you to your face. I used to sign my name to my comments, showing that I wasn't afraid to state my opinion and own up to it. But after having been attacked so many times, I don't need the aggravation and the stress AND I have limited my input.

Joel said...

11:21 AM, You so perfectly fit Mr. Sweeney's description of a disinformation artist. Therefore, I believe in the future, I will just ignore you. Should you have anything informative to present, I think Mr. Albero might even consider posting a piece you have written

Anonymous said...

Joel,

If you could prove that statement in any way I am sure that you would have. But once again what do I get from you but "absurd rhetoric". Are you not the one who "seeks to prevent rational and complete examination of any chain of evidence which would hang you"? I mean the question I asked was pretty clear. If you had done so much research to "post what you believe are true facts", wouldn't you have known that before you sent that to be posted. I think the answer here is pretty clear. Yes you knew it, but saying that health care will come with 13 new taxes was a better shock value for your cause. It seems that you have an "utter disregard for facts presented". So Joel, I ask you, who is the disinformation artist? And to be quite honest, I do not care if you ignore me. I am not doing this for you, but for the other readers on this site. You do a disservice to them when you post the obviously biased pieces you put out. I will miss your never insightful, never really answering anything, totally off topic responses though.

Anonymous said...

Joel just got the big old verbal smack down. Defend yourself man.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, this is great. I would tend to believe that everything he is writing is true since you refuse to defend yourself. I understand your stance, a little, but there are times to ignore and times to set the record straight.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Joel can breathe a sigh of release. The post is on page 2 now.