Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another Business Going Out Of Business

Joe,

I just got home from Hancock's in the Twilley Shopping Center. While I was there I was told that if I have a machine on layaway with the Bernina area which is inside Hancock's that I better get it out asap. People from Bernina showed up today and started packing up machines, etc. They've been operating in the red for the past month so the Salisbury store will be closed. Even the Bernina employee's didn't/don't know this is going on right now. If any of your readers have machine's on layaway or possibly jobs with Bernina they better get over there to talk to the people boxing things up.

4 comments:

doug wilkerson said...

Sorry to hear it. Its happening all over. Keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little confused, is Hancock's closing or Bernina, or are they one of the same?

Anonymous said...

Bernina. They had a small area inside Hancock's where they sold their products.

No, they are not one and the same.

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised. When I was in there a couple of months ago, their prices seemed very high on anything that wasn't on clearance.