Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Phillies Blast Into World Series — Again


Reigning champs hit 4 HRs in 10-4 Game 5 win against Dodgers

PHILADELPHIA
- Ryan Howard and the defending champs are back in the World Series — proving last year was no fluke and looking even more dangerous this time around.

Jayson Werth homered twice, Shane Victorino and Pedro Feliz also connected and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 10-4 in Game 5 on Wednesday night to win their second straight NL pennant.

Brad Lidge closed it out, Howard was selected NL championship series MVP and the Phillies became the first team to reach consecutive World Series since the New York Yankees in 2000-01.

GO HERE to read more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO PHILLIES!

Anonymous said...

Phillies suck!!!

Amy said...

I was rooting for the Dodgers, but Congratulations to the Phillies and I hope they win the world series.

Ken Smith said...

As I sit here with my "PHILLIES" cap on, I say, bring on the "YANKS"!

Anonymous said...

Philadelphia fans are the worse ones on the planet. You all are the nastiest of the bunch. That is why the have to have an active judicial system as part of the stadium. Boo anything Philly.

Anonymous said...

1:51
I'm a Philly Fan for all sports, Go Phillies and I don't think I'm nasty. You must not like any sports since I or my children have been verbally abused or spit on by fans for the Skins and Ravens, and other sports team. Each city has it's good and bad. I think an active judicial system should be used at all events and the fines/penalties stiff so mabye the jerks at the other arenas get their just do.

Think before you talk, all true sports fans are passionate about "their" team but don't spout off about generalizaations like you. No one said you had to like Philly sports but don't spread your hatred.

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:27 The Redskin's Hoggett's go to every stadium except Philly. They said they are treated like kings in Dallas but they would never go back to Philly. They even put the Redskins Indian fan in the hospital one year. NASTY

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ken. I love my Phillies. Bring it on, Yankees!

Anonymous said...

I was rootin for the Dodgers... Hopin they could spank the Yanks and Get Torre the First World Series in New Yankee Stadium.. Futile thoughts... Though I think when New York Beats LA it will make for a good series between NY and Philly...