Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

FINALLY, Some News I Want To Share!


If you were wondering what's going on construction wise at The Fountain's on Rt. 50, Salisbury News is about to deliver you the news.

Some time ago I mentioned my conversation with Chris Davis and a suggestion I had thrown his way referencing utilizing that HUGE deck on the outside of their facility and perhaps considering a Cigar Club Setting. I said, all you have to do is create a roof and put out those gas space heaters and it's a year round deal.

Well, Chris is one smart cookie and has come through with the design for outdoor entertainment for those of us who enjoy a good Cigar. Some time in the next two weeks they'll have this new area completed and I just can't tell you just how many people are excited to know there will finally be a place on the Eastern Shore to enjoy a good Cigar.

So my hat is tipped to the Fountain's and the word is spreading like wild fire. Look out Salisbury. Between the good food and now outdoor entertainment, The Lagoon Bar & Grill is going to put a serious hurting on everyone else.

Thanks Chris!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris also deserves many thanks for helping out a charity event this weekend, at the last minute. Habitat had planned their first Culinary Challenge and waiters race to be held at a certain winery. I am not privy to details, all I know is at the last minute the winery and its owner pulled their support! I am appalled!

This left the committee for Habitat to scramble and Chris and his staff came through! Thank you Fountains. I am even more excited because we will get to enjoy this beautiful deck.

Thank you Thank you!

Anonymous said...

How about a "First Annual Smoke In"?

Anonymous said...

Kind of makes those of us cigarless to want to give up such a position!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be a new fun bar to mix and mingle with friends....but if there's cigars, count me out! Gross! That's a huge bummer!

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I tried smoking a cigar, but it made my throat, mouth, and eyes burn. Plus, my clothing smelled so bad I had to wash them right away, and have my coat drycleaned. Maybe, it was the cigar, but a friend paid a lot of money for it. Not sure I will ever try it again.

Anonymous said...

Smart people won't take part in a "smoke-in". Just a few idiots.

Anonymous said...

It is not a Cigar Bar. Because it is outside there will be smoking permitted. I thank Chris & the staff should be thanked. The staff they have on board now make it comfortable and relaxing. Everyone there is smiling and personable. Prices are very resonable and I can't wait to see this new addition succeed. I don't smoke but it should be a great place to have a few drinks and a bite to eat with friends outside after being cooped up all day in an office.

Anonymous said...

11:24 There are alot more of us "idiots" than you think. Smart, well thats a matter of perspective. Tobaco or Chronic, whats it going to be...

Anonymous said...

Btw, check out www.chefsforhabitat.com to find info on Saturday's charity event at the Fountain's. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Will they sell cigars there as well?
A humidor would be great.

Anonymous said...

oh wow! I went to a cigar bar in Nashville ( I don't even smoke) and it was very nice with a huge walk in Humidor!! Sweet deal for the 'bury.

DougC said...

I sincerely hope Chris does not advertise this new adventure as a Cigar Bar or even give a hint. Want something to fail instantly? I too was under the impression that it was going to be a place where you can get away and have some good food, refreshing drinks, and have an outside atmosphere to relax in. Cigars, your right and your choice, but be assured, that stink does not appetite the average Joe and this venture will be a failure if advertised that way or even perceived that way. Too nice a place to let that happen. Opinions are like, well you know. Gut feelings are real. Keep it real.