Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Evidence Of The Daily Times Yellow Journalism

Click on image to enlarge.
"Joe, I posted a comment around 10am on Delmarva Now and they removed it. Then a short while ago, I posted a reply to someone's comment and they again removed it. BUT...... This time, I saved the screen image for opinions about my comment. The attached image is of my comment during it's short lived public view. Do you think it was out of line? Talk about biased reporting. What you have to consider is if they will go to such efforts to squash any other opinion in this matter, what evidence would they hide or squash in reporting it? That's the message people need to realize!"
This has happened to me every single time I have put up a comment, (under my full name, making me completely liable for what I say) and after numerous phone call to Joe Carmean and Greg Bassett, nothing has been done about it.
The Daily Times stated that IF a comment is taken down, they review it and IF they feel it should go up again they will do so. HA! Yeah, maybe in a few days after no one goes back to their article, that is.
The Daily Times is controlling local politics and without a doubt controlling what is or isn't said in comments on their articles. They are allowing people like JT, MD, GC, BT, AW, LC and others to control the content on comments by giving them an out under their abuse button.
It only takes 3 separate complaints on abuse and the comment is gone. Well, the other side can do the same and destroy their comments all together! I encourage each and every one of you to go there and start hitting the abuse button and have their comments removed as well.
Maybe now they'll come around and make immediate changes to their system. Click on this link and it will take you right to the article with comments. Delete away Folks and have a blast. Show them what you think of their paper.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be working there were no comments posted when I went there.

Anonymous said...

I noticed there were 4 pages for comments yet 2 of those pages were blank. I was immediately suspicious. Ya know ive had enough of them trying to slant their "forum", they make me sick to my stomach.

Anonymous said...

You can do it from the same computer. All you have to do is close IE, then open it again, and you can report it again.

Anonymous said...

Gannett is huge. These media corporations totally control the "news". If you depend on them for anything other than general interests, then you are ill informed.

Any subject can be quickly researched and understood with a computer. The internet offers public opinions and discourse. Many intellectuals write on the blogs in this country because they have no access to MSM. Therefore, the opposite view being presented in the MSM can be found on the blogs. By considering all comments on a subject a person can come to her / his own conclusions.

Anonymous said...

I just went there and 86'd all the comments I didn't agree with! it was fun.