Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Steve Wallace Struck By Lightning

Last Wednesday night at a little after 10 p.m. my husband was struck by lightening in our driveway. Surprisingly, when he went outside, there was only thunder way off in the distance; it wasn't even raining. He went to one of our trucks to put a jump-box in it that had been charging in our garage when lightening struck both he and the truck. It blew him several feet away and he was barely conscious but breathing. Station 16 EMS & Medical Assist from "B Shift" responded. I want to publicly thank each and every one of those guys that came to my husband's rescue. They did an awesome job! I have read so much negativity about the Fire Department, that I just wanted them to get the praise this time. I didn't care how much apparatus came to my home, I just wanted to know that my husband was getting quality care...and he did. Every person that was on the scene played an important part in my husband's care, and I can't thank them enough.

I would also like to thank the Doctors, Nurses, Clergy and staff at PRMC Emergency. They did an awesome job as well. I would also like to thank my sister, Denise and my nephew, Shawn for keeping this hysterical person as calm as they could. To my daughter, Jess, you made me laugh through all of those tears! Amazingly, my husband and I walked out of the Emergency Room on Thursday morning. He is very sore, has a lot of ringing in his ears and tires easily, but he is home and alive!

A lot of people said that my husband was lucky...luck had nothing to do with it. God spared his life and sent all of those angels to the rescue.

Sincerely,
Nancy Wallace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's alive.
Three weeks ago my chimney was struck, lightning came down the metal sleeve for the pellet insert, out thru the power cord, blew up the power strip and caught it on fire, which then caught the drapes on fire. If I had not been sitting right here we'd have had a house fire. If I hadn't been home, my house would have burned down.
There wasn't a raging storm when this happened...I'd just heard rumbling of thunder from the distance when this bolt struck. You can't EVER depend on what lightning is going to do.

Anonymous said...

If you can hear the thunder, even at a distance, you are close enough to be struck by lightning.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I like that statement, "I didn't care how much apparatus came to my home, I just wanted to know that my husband was getting quality care...and he did."

You see, if the call involves you. You want whatever help is availible to come help you. I have never heard someone that had an emergency say...."I think it's a waste that you brought so many pieces of equipment to take care of my emergency."

This letter justifies what the fire department does.

Anonymous said...

God saved his life just like God hit him with a bolt of lightning? What possesses people to say such dumb things? Must be the holy spirit!

Anonymous said...

1:20 - Everything happens for a reason. What Satan means for evil God uses for His good.

Anonymous said...

is this not the same guy that runs Auto-Medic Towing? LOL I saw that guy last Thursday.....He looked pretty damn good for someone to have been "struck by lighting at 10pm the night before"...Did he tow 9 cars and beat up 6 Africa Americans that were carrying guns too....
Are you guys related to John Robinson?

Christina K Parker said...

If people don't believe in God... may He have pity on them. I know Steve was saved for a reason, he probably has more good to do in his future. He was first on the scene at my son's accident and physically lifted the truck off of him... could only have done that with divine intervention... I know for a fact that 'everything happens for a reason'... and Steve and Nancy do also... so Steve, I'm praying for you both and I know good things are coming for you both!! I hope your recovery is speedy and I'm so thankful you are recovering!!!