Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Salisbury Shooting Post Removed


Dear Readers:
This afternoon I put up a post, (more like a Letter to the Editor) about a shooting in the City of Salisbury early this morning.
As you can see above, Chiefy Webster called me in reference to this Post and demanded I remove it. I asked him to explain to me why he wanted it removed and he stated it doesn't matter why, just remove the Post. I responded with, you'll have to do better than that Al. He said I'm impeding on an investigation and jeopordizing the life of one of his Officers. That's when the RED FLAG went up.
There was absolutely NO MENTION of an Officer in the Post, therefore there was no way I was doing anything wrong. The fact that the Father sent me a letter telling me what had happened was not impeding with ANY investigation and again, IMHO, the minute the word hit the street it became NEWS!
I politely asked Al to talk nice and I'd be willing to work with him all day long. However, I need to know why you're demanding I pull the Post when there's no mention of an Officer's name. He stated he didn't have to tell me anything other than to take it down.
Now, I just want to make this VERY clear to everyone. I removed the Post moments ago but I only did so after a conversation with States Attorney Davis Ruark. Even after I explained I had done nothing wrong, I asked him to contact Al and ask him to return his call once again so we can talk on an even level where I wasn't being treated like a servant to his Master.
You see Folks, what Chief Webster just can't get into his head is the fact that I have the right to my freedom of speech. I do NOT have to call Chief Webster every time I write a story and or produce a Letter to the Editor. If he wants to explain to me WHY he'd like it removed, again, I'd be happy to work with him.
So for now I've removed the Post at the request of Davis Ruark, NOT Chief Webster. I can assure you, there was absolutely NOTHING, no names, NOTHING in reference to ANY Police Officer, I wouldn't do something like that. IF Chief Webster does not return the call, the Post is going back up.
I want to make something very clear to everyone reading this Post, including Chief Webster. There is absolutely NO REASON the two of us cannot work together. I think it's VERY clear, I'm NOT going anywhere. If Webster would like to create a working relationship where we can get along, even after he sued me, I'm all about it. I want to do the very best I can to work with the SPD and especially the Officers within.
If Chief Webster can't swallow just a little bit of pride, (LIKE I'M DOING RIGHT NOW) then we're just going to have to continue going head to head for what I feel is a childish and stupid power struggle that isn't necessary.
The Post is removed and with any hope we can work TOGETHER to make things better for all. The ball is now in his court.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come WBOC still has the story up? The story there isn't as detailed, none the less, it's there.

Anonymous said...

Shows your character Joe. Good job. Let's see what Webster is made out of.

Anonymous said...

Now, if you'd only stop posting ANY crime reports or stories, there wouldn't be crime in SBY.
It's just that simple, Joe.
See no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil.
POOF! It's gone!

Anonymous said...

If you cant stand the heat Chiefy, all you gotta do is get out of the kitchen. Its time for a new cook, maybe a chef this time.

joealbero said...

OH REALLY?

Anonymous said...

Hes an Idiot, Its your blogg. Me personally I wouldnt of taken down anything. He should be more concerned with this crime than what your putting on this blogg.

Anonymous said...

I read it a couple of times. There was no implication of an officer or anything in the story that could possibly put any officer in jeopardy. Hmmm. what are they covering now?

I'd keep it up as it were and update when the victim emailed you again. Screw the chief.

Anonymous said...

the story was just reported on the wboc 6 o'clock news. less detailed than sbynews' version but still reported none the less. maybe the chief offered them an exclusive and he upset that you were able to one up them. ha

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Both local TV stations have run this story.
Why should you be told to remove it?

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO....You've been punked by Webster!!!! There was no reason. And Ruark fell into it.

Hmmmm....Webster wins again?

Anonymous said...

Take a hike chiefy, a long walk off a short pier. You don't have to go home, just get out of Salisbury. And stay OUT!

Anonymous said...

Ok so now the story is up. Big deal its an every day occurance in the bury it seems like. What is so unique about the event. Guy entered home shot another guy and fled. Description given the END. How can that possibily hinder any investigation. Doesn't appear to be an officer involved shooting. WTF is going on is there more to the story or what. If not it's pretty lame news. Salisbury is OFF DA HOOK with crime and everyone knows it. Nothing will change until the judicial system starts putting these turds away for good. This is exactly why it should be legal for all citizens to arm themselves and carry weapons while walking down the street. Someone will think twice about robbing another when the playing field is even. And when I mean carry I don't mean concealed. If you want to carry then have the gun holstered and exposed. IMHO

Anonymous said...

What the he!! is he doing reading your blog at that time of day anyway - does he EVER work. You know what, chiefy would just have to read it and weep cause I'd put it back up again. I think 6:05 has it right.

Anonymous said...

Nazi tactics. post it screw him, and I don't even like this site that much.

Anonymous said...

So the bast@&d doesn't want the WHOLE truth out there from intimate witnesses so he can let the "mentally challenged" perp walk with this one. I say find him and shoot him over a period of 3 days so he could watch himself die.

webster, you are not a police officer to "protect and to serve"

Anonymous said...

Watch it Joe, Webster will be going to Worcester County again pulling strings to have you hauled in to your probation officer again. I still haven't figured out how you were sentenced to probation in Wicomico County and they haul you in to Worcester County.

Can you say ABUSE OF OFFICE???

Anonymous said...

You can transfer to Delaware any time you want.

Anonymous said...

If this isn't enough grounds for Jim Ireton to fire Webster then he might as well make a public announcement that Webster has free reign to intimidate anyone he pleases.

Someone should remind the chief that his department is the root cause of a $47 million dollar lawsuit for police brutality. They learned from their leader.

Anonymous said...

Al Webster aka Baldy needs to go. He has gotten extremely cocky since he publicly attacked Mayoral Candidate Ireton just before the election.

Mayor Ireton if you don't get rid of that POS I will consider you a PUNK! Do your job and do what you promised. If you don't get rid of Webster and others I will continue to call you Louweasel Ireton. I want my vote back!

Anonymous said...

Ireton is proving he is not SBYNEWS' boy!

Anonymous said...

Joe, one thing to keep in mind about Davis Ruark. If he is going to take sides between Al Webster and Joe Albero.... well you know where this is going.

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:23 PM Mr. Albero has a lot of respect for Mayor Ireton. It is his loyal readers that are expecting the new Mayor to do his job and do what he promised he was going to do. Right now the new mayor is no better than what we already had. I want my vote back.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Ireton is proving he is not SBYNEWS' boy!

10:23 PM

Say what you want, but SBYNEWS played a very important part in getting Jim Ireton elected and the loyal readers expect more out of Ireton. He has had plenty of time to do his job which he has failed to do and now he needs to get to work.

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope you don't get tazed! Then waterboarded!
If you suddenly dissappear, we will demand Chiefy fess up.

Anonymous said...

Since Joe lives in Delaware shouldn't his probation be transfered? Is this part of a chiefy shimmy sham?

Anonymous said...

The reason you were told to remove the post because you posted names of witnesses/victims. This not only had the potential to damage the integrity of the case, but it also had great potential of placing the victims and those involved in harms' way by identifying them. Just because you are given information does not mean you should immediately post it. I realize you have your First Ammendment Rights. But think about what you're posting. Sometimes things are not told to the press because of time and law enforcement sensitive leads. Law abiding citizens are not the only people who read this blog.

joealbero said...

anonymous 4:47, aka Chiefy, WBOC & WMDT had their names Posted in their articles. Care to try again?

Anonymous said...

This is not "chiefy" but I am not the same person that posted 4:47...I was going to put the exact same thing until I looked above the comment box and saw your response to 4:47 and then read their comment. You are not supposed to name witnesses and WBOC and WMDT only named the victim that was injured, not the household victims that was the difference and you also included that they were waiting to show the mugshot to the injured victim. You just have to be mindful of what you post and know what is public information and what is not public information.

Once again this is not "chiefy" because I do enjoy your blog...but I do disagree with you on this subject, and the post should betaken down because you still have a witness name in the post.

joealbero said...

The MSM mentioned every single name I did.

joealbero said...

By the way, where in the hell do you think WMDT & WBOC got their information? ME! They got it off the Blog. Clearly the victims were in the Hospital and the Police weren't releasing the info. The Father is a friend of mine. The MSM had no clue.