Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Fruitland Police Department Press Release


INCIDENT: Strong Armed Robbery
DATE & TIME: Monday, June 1st, 2009 at 1040 a.m.
LOCATION: 100 Block of South Brown Street, Fruitland, Md.
SUSPECT #1: B/M, 5’6” to 5’8”, thin build, wearing dark colored pants and shirt
SUSPECT #2: Unknown
SUS. VEHICLE: Red or Maroon, Ford or Mercury, smaller model with Delaware reg.

NARRATIVE:
On the above date and time, the victim, an 82 year old female, returned to her residence after having been to Apple Drugs and the Fruitland Food Lion grocery store. Upon arriving at her home she drove her vehicle to the rear of her residence and parked by a shed. She was in the process of getting the grocery items from her vehicle to carry into the house and had several bags in her arms and her purse hanging from her right wrist when she felt her purse being pulled from her wrist. She observed suspect #1 run away with her purse toward the roadway and get into the passenger side of the above described vehicle which was parked in front of a neighbor’s driveway. The vehicle then left the area in the direction of E. Main Street, Fruitland.

Anyone having any knowledge or information is encouraged to contact the Fruitland Police Department.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

3:10pm Provedence church road Delmar, Delaware one white male and one black male in a datsun mini-pickup truck with a freezer in the back trying to supposedly sell steaks came on my property uninvited. They left real quick after they saw the shot-gun. Very scketchy, be on gaurd for this crew.

Anonymous said...

Was the truck old, beat up, and white?

Anonymous said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Came to my house in Mardela about 2 or 3 months ago. My husband talked to 2 white guys (50ish but ruff looking) and bought a package of stakes. I politely asked him to NOT buy steaks from some crack heads that come to the house in a barely running truck any more! They did give me the hebbie-jebbies.

Anonymous said...

BTW, they never came in the house!

Anonymous said...

yeah, those guys came to my work in fruitland a couple of times. they're outta blades, de. they're supposedly legit business--but yeah they were spooky. also, ill bet the strongarm robbers were local and heroin addicts. check into it...

Anonymous said...

You guys need to protect yourself.
I have made many comments lately
about the rise in crime. I will tell you again , you need a gunnnnnnn and be alert at all times. They sell bear spray at
most sporting goods stores(gander mountain) etc.. It will get a lot worse before it gets better. you ain't seen nothin yet.

Anonymous said...

The 82 year old victim was my grandmother and my sister works at court and thought it would be helpful to send the link about the incident to her contacts and instantly got a response from a co-worker saying the exact same thing happened to her neighbor in Laurel Delaware where someone followed her from Food Lion in Laurel and robbed her while trying to unload groceries....what creeps! Everyone needs to be observant to their surroundings as you never know who the next victim will be.

Anonymous said...

The vehicle in this incident in Fruitland may have been an older RED Ford Taurus with Del tags. One was seen about a week ago sitting at a vacant house in Fruitland where it shouldn't have been.

Anonymous said...

The reason it scared me,(ha,ha) was that my daughter & her boyfriend were with his buddy coming home from school and the little Gen-Pop fellas were blocking the driveway so they drove around them,(not good for the CROWN on your driveway). The one fella kinda stopped them and I noticed my daughters friend who was driving the car lean way right. My daughter was in the back on the drivers side and as I looked out the front window Chelsey slid over to the other side of the car like she was scared. My reaction was to throw 4 3" sluggos in the shotgun and see what was going on. When I walked around the corner of my house the white dude got in the pick-up quick and they both did an exit stage left. I told Chels she did the right thing and that anytime her instincts told her something wasnt right to follow them. These days you just dont know and Im not willing to error on the side of caution when people that I love who are my responsibility are concerned. I thought the possibility of someone from Gen-Pop imposing their will on some one I love was possible. I was gonna make sure that they knew that they had walked into the wrong damn room this day. In my house huh, partner you wont get that far. I dont mess with Gen-Pop, they aint gonna mess with me or mine.

Anonymous said...

Nothing says I love you like a loaded double barrel shot gun. Even Rectum Orfices selling deer meat understand that message.

Anonymous said...

very bold down the street from f.p.d. you noticed they chose a female vic.check the cameras at food lion and apple, and all other nearby shopping bet you find the dodas on camera