Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Salisbury News Reaches Out For Your Help

Dearest Friends,

I was wondering if I may take a moment of your time. I do not want to take advantage of our friendship and if that appears to be the case I do apologize. It’s not my intent, however, as a concerned parent one must do what they feel is necessary and in the best interest of their child. As some of you may already know, my son is seriously ill with Monophasic Spindle Cell Sarcoma of the Synovial Type, and is engaged in a fight for his life. His treatments have been lengthy and expensive. His prognosis is “Poor and Guarded,” however, we refuse to give up or give in. He is currently on Chemotherapy round #4 (Tunnel Cancer Center, Lewes, Delaware) and has already been through major surgery. I know you don’t know all the specifics, however, he was caught uninsured just prior to diagnosis and he now finds himself in dire straights trying to take care of himself, as well as his medical-related expenses. He is unable to work having lost his license from seizures (MD law) and he presently cannot walk (without the assistance of a Walker) because of the surgery and treatments. The State of Delaware in their infinite wisdom decided that he was not eligible for disability (remind me to send them a thank you note) although he is truly unemployable at this time. We have appealed this decision and with his doctor’s promise of ample documentation, as well as legal counsel, we are confident that we will win the appeal. Unfortunately, the appeal hearing is not scheduled until June (another thank you note to the State of Delaware Congressional’s is forthcoming.)

I have started a Charitable Gift Account under the name of “Friends of Tracy Gibb” and with help from some associates (Buff Toulon, Poipu Ocean View Resorts (aka Poipu Kapili) and Rick Turton, Pacific Leisures) have been able to establish a support website on his behalf. This purpose of this website is to generate funds that are directly deposited into a medical trust fund that is tapped for his medical expenses, only. I have established the necessary Tax ID number, IRS registration and applied for 401(c)(3) status, etc. I would now like to distribute/market his support website to help generate funds for his medical-related expenses.

The URL for the website is: http://www.friendsoftracygibb.com

Any and all assistance you can render would be extremely appreciated. If any of you has an idea of how I could professionally and appropriately market his support site better, please feel free to share that information with me. I am blazing new territory having never found myself in a position that warranted such action previously. May God bless you all.

Regards,

Tracy

Dear Gibb Family, HELP IS ON THE WAY. JOE

Folks, this is the Son of a Salisbury Firefighter. Remember, 2009 is about GIVING BACK! Never forget where you came from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see the name of a Salisbury Firefighter on here and not have to fear retalliation.

Chimera said...

I am sorry to hear this-I worked with his mother and grandmother several years ago and you couldnt ask for nicer people.

Anonymous said...

I graduated with his wife. Very sweet girl. This is sad. Life is too short to take for granted. Any little bit of help goes a long way. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.