Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

HOLY COW!!!!!!

IT'S YET ANOTHER RECORD DAY FOR SALISBURY NEWS!
I had been telling everyone today how strange things had been all day. The hits were absolutely fantastic but the comments just weren't there. In fact, I felt for most of the day comments had been the slowest I had ever seen, until the election results! Man, look what happened to that Post!
Anyhow, Tuesday's numbers blew away Monday's record day and things just keep climbing. I know we were the first to get the numbers out there to everyone, as always. Thanks to Earl's Sister, it allowed me to finally get out of the house this evening and go out and shoot pictures. There was only ONE camp I was heading to and that was Jim Ireton's.
Talk about an unbelievable group of people. You people should really get to know Jim Ireton better because his friends are just the greatest group of people anyone could ever be blessed to be surrounded by. I am truly looking forward to his LEADERSHIP in Salisbury and let me assure you of one thing Ladies & Gentlemen, this man is the real deal.
I can't wait to watch the Comegys/Tilghman smear machine come out. They'll be kicking, scratching and fighting desperately to make sure they beat Jim Ireton but the people have spoken. They want honesty. They want real leadership they can depend on. They're tired of the unbelievable spending and Ireton will make it stop and he'll make it stop immediately.
I could go on and on with excitement about this evening but I'm tired and it's been a LONG day. I will have somewhat of a late start with Posts tomorrow. However,l you may not notice it, depending when I finally get up. I feel like I have only had 3 or 4 hours sleep each night for the past 8 days. Sooner or later I'm going to crash and burn and get a real night's sleep and everyone is going to say, what happened to Joe? If it happens, DON'T CALL ME, LEAVE ME ALONE! I need the sleep! Just kidding.
Congratulations Jim Ireton but most of all, THANK YOU JIM IRETON! Salisbury needed a change and Salisbury is Blessed to have you Jim. Who knows Folks, Jim Ireton could just be the next Mike Lewis of Mayors in the very near future. You certainly can't say that about Gary Comegys.
To Mr. Caldwell, Thank You Bob. We all know it's not over yet but my God, I am so proud of you Sir. To think of all the unfortunate things that has happened to you lately. A broken foot, an accident on your way to the NAACP Forum and Folks, this guy stood out in the freezing cold from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM waving a sign, standing there in a cast on his foot. You are a Superman Bob. Just an unbelievable guy! Keep that chin up and let's see what the absentee ballots bring us in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, just thought you would like to hear about the new exploits of the WBOE. John Fredricksons'(sp) automated message called all the county parents at 6:05 this morning to tell us schools were delayed for 2 hours. Problem is, after he gave the message in English we also had to listen to him give it to us in SPANISH!!!

Is there a huge spanish speaking, non-english speaking group of students being taught by non-english speaking teachers we don't know about around here?? Most important...Wicomico is in the United States of America isn't it??? WE speak ENGLISH!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jim Ireton. He is a fine man who will serve this city well. Finally, someone without an agenda other than the good of the city and its residents. Now that's refreshing. His first course of action should be to clean house in various departments. Out with the bums Webster, Wilbur, See/Gordy, Pick.

Joe: thsnk you for all of your help with this election!