Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 19, 2008

God Sent Me

One day a professor, who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU, shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 min."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when a United States Marine, who was attending some college courses between assignments got out of his chair,went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and at there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied, "GOD was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid shit and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

Gots ta love the Marines :)

Anonymous said...

Yeh Man!

Anonymous said...

I hope that's a true story but even if it's not, God bless the United States Marine Corp--my uncle fought at Guadalcanal and I'm very proud of him.

Anonymous said...

Right, God only protects Americans.

Anonymous said...

We need more Marines like that and I wish this was a true story.

Anonymous said...

good job 6:34 we need more Marines to commit crimes of violence because they dont agree with others.