Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Professional Boxer Fernando Guerrero Wants To Meet YOU


Fernando will be at Boscov's TOMORROW, (Saturday) from 2:30 to 4 p.m. and then will walk over to Sears and stay there until 5:30 p.m.

Fernando, Main Street Gym and Delmarva Broadcasting (Cat County, WICO) are doing this to help increase donations to the Kettles at Boscov's and Sears.

Fernando will be available for autographs at these two locations and looks forward to meeting all of you tomorrow.

If you have not had the opportunity to meet this fine young man, know there's a reason this guy has touched so many of us in such a way we believe in him far more than just in the ring. Come learn for yourself.

9 comments:

Shooter McGavin said...

I want Fernando to meet Ray Lewis!

Anonymous said...

If I've ever seen a stone jaw...

I assume he can take a few punches.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to meet Ray Lewis. Preferably on a dark country road.

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
He and Hal went to Prince Street school this morning for a "doughnuts with dads" breakfast. It was great to hear his story and to meet him. But to my surprise, no media, not even you, Joe.

joe albero said...

10:07,

Unfortunately I was covering a story in Talbot County, (Ray Lewis) and even more unfortunate I had to put down my best friend today. I can't be everywhere but I do my best.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry you had to put down your best friend. I know how devastating that is-having had to do the same thing several years ago. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

Nalagirl

Anonymous said...

As much as I do not like boxing I am really beginning to like this kid for the man he is becoming. Keep up the good work Fernando.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Thanks for bringing us the news about Fernando. If it was up to the just the Daily Times, so many of us would not know about this special talent in our community. He is a role model to our youth, and someone we can all be proud of.

My condolences on the loss of your friend today too.

Anonymous said...

Hal & Fernando epitomize class!