Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

FREE Durable Medical Equipment

Joe,

I have a quantity of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) that I've been trying to donate to a non-profit organization. The list includes 2 hospital beds (for home use) Walkers, Canes, Bedside Commodes, Shower Chairs and the like. The equipment is worth close to $10,000. I've tried the MS Society but they didn't want to take the time and effort to pick it up. My wife has MS so they were my first choice. I've sent an email to Coastal Hospice and they didn't even bother to answer.

All I'm looking for is to GIVE this stuff to a non-profit so that I may benefit from the tax deduction and they can benefit by helping those that need this equipment.

As the Number 1 source of news on DelMarVa, I'm hoping you can get the word out. I can be reached at: Theobald@aol.com

Thanks!

Craig Theobald
Ironshire, MD (OK... Berlin, MD.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig, this is a generous donation since these types of things are very expensive. I know in our community, the Lions Club and other, small organizations are always looking for this type of aid for people in need. I will forward this info on. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Try the Salvation Army and ask for a receipt for tax purposes.

blue said...

Also try freecycle

Anonymous said...

Try contacting Women Supporting Women. They have a branch in Salisbury and a few others locally. They help newly diagnosed cancer patients.

joe albero said...

Not for nothing, BUT, I believe the idea of giving his INFORMATION was to get them to contact him.

I believe he has made numerous efforts in good faith to donate these items and since advertised here, whatever group chooses to make contact with him will gain the advantage.

Not that "I" don't appreciate your mentioning these groups. I just think perhaps you could let them know you saw it and ask them if they're interested. If so, they can come to the Site and get the information needed.

Thanks for understanding.

BossHogg said...

Craig:

I used to deal in used medical equipment and most of it required an FDA certificate before it could be used domestically.

We sold tons of it in India and other countries where all they cared about was whether or not the equipment worked.

The paperwork and paper trail is very important for any equipment that will be used on humans in the US.

Wymzie said...

More stupid government intervention so that organizations will be able to cover their butts so that people can't sue them.
What a shame!

Anonymous said...

yOU MIGHT TRY MAC INC. OFF RIVERSIDE DR. OR THE HOLLY COMMUNITY OR FOUNDATION, NOT SURE
WHICH. THEY ARE NEAR K&L MICROWAVE
OFF OF COLE CIRCLE HERE IN TOWN.
BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT CONNECTED
WITH "THE HOLLY CTR."