Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's The Smoking Policy For The City Of Salisbury?


Oh, let's say I witnessed a particular driver cruising past my building at least 5 to 6 times a day and he was smoking a cigarette in a City owned vehicle. I'm curious, should they ever get a tag number off one of these vehicles, (hint, hint) what is their policy on that? I know you can no longer smoke at the Salisbury Zoo.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd pass that along. Oh, just because the window was rolled down doesn't mean you couldn't put your head inside this particular vehicle, (let's say) and you're a non smoker, you'll smell the smoke inside. Try it one time. I think you'll find I'm very accurate on this one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually I agree with you, but this time you're jumping on the bandwagon. On the one hand you're fighting *for* more places to sell liquor, but you have a problem with somebody smoking in a vehicle with the windows down? How long til I cant smoke in my own house without the health police coming after me? I can eat a triple whopper with extra cheese and super-sized fries and wash it down with a bottle of vodka and thats ok, but god forbid I smoke...gasp.

Anonymous said...

Smoke in your OWN home, smoke in your OWN car, but DON'T smoke in a public vehicle - other non-smokers may have to use that same vehicle and choke to death on YOUR second hand smoke.

Anonymous said...

I work for the county and I have always said that there should be no smoking in any county vehicle. I do not smoke and when I get in a county vehicle that someone smokes thats all you can smell. They are allowed to smoke in the county buildings to why their vehicles.

Anonymous said...

The OCPD could have smelled that 30 miles away.

Anonymous said...

Don't we have bigger fish to fry!?! And, are you not a smoker Joe? Even as a non-smoker I say this is too much. What a waste of brain power on this one.

Anonymous said...

look to me like that cigarette was curled uo on both ends and there was bob marley music blastin