Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 03, 2008

On A Better Note...

For the first time ever I saw this spectacled bear not pacing back and forth along the wall and I was able to see its face for the first time. Quite the crowd gathered around the bear and the kids loved seeing it fairly up close.

And to countrygirl@heart I just remembered, couldn't place it when I was originally writing this post, that the bear is OCD after it was separated from it's mother.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This bear has been PACING since I was little! I've often wondered why? I feel bad for it, maybe it's too caged in..?

countrygirl@heart

Anonymous said...

You must be pretty young then countrygirl@heart, because this is the newer male they got in on;y a few years ago at most.

Anonymous said...

oh..OK, looks like the same darn bear to me :)
What happened to the other one? Old age? Why do they pace constantly? This can't be natural!

countrygirl@heart

Anonymous said...

The other one didn't pace. The other male bear they had passed away from advanced age. The female bear they have now is the oldest known Adean Bear in captivity. I guess they are doing something right over there. Plus if they have helped curb the somwhat neurotic behavior that this male bear had when it arrived then they really are doing something right.