Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Letter To The Editor The Daily Times Refuses To Publish


I was unable to either attend Monday’s meeting of the Salisbury City Council or watch the proceedings on PAC 14. By Wednesday, my physical condition began to deteriorate.. My blood pressure was up. I was breathing rapidly, and sweating profusely. I trembled uncontrollably. I struggled to figure out what was happening, and why. Then, out of nowhere, the answer came to me: I needed a “fix”.

I needed to watch a legislative body immersed in dysfunction. I needed to watch a council leader, in an attempt to mask incompetence, initiate a series of ridiculous, childish “rules of procedure” which would then be selectively enforced. I needed to see majority members demean the minority. I needed to hear a citizen ask a question that could be quickly answered only to be told; “We’ll get back to you on that”.

I was suffering!

What to do? I scoured PAC 14’s program schedule, and saw that a replay of the County Council July 15 meeting was about to air. I immediately tuned in. Relief was on the way!

Uh-oh. Everything was calm. Members addressed each other respectfully. The Council President allowed a free flow of speech. Citizens asked questions that were answered immediately. There was no attempt by the majority to stifle the minority. My “fix” was nowhere to be seen! I was going to have to wait until the next meeting of the Salisbury City Council to get relief.

I felt cheated.

Bob Caldwell

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Bull's-Eye. Let's make Bob Caldwell our next Mayor!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can see why this letter never got published, you know they don't like the truth. What a fine letter it is though, and I second the motion, Bob Caldwell for Mayor!

Anonymous said...

Superman for Mayor, for sure. I'd demand that they print that letter.

Anonymous said...

The father of the Dirty Dozen, you go Bob!

Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled they are slimy and greedy, but even these jabronis know to watch their step now because last month the citizens here were about to storm their Bastille.

Anonymous said...

Great letter Bob, and i vote for you as our new mayor, Super Guy!

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

OMG, that was FUNNY!

Wish it HAD gotten printed in the Daily Rag so the non-computer folks could see something besides Tilghman propaganda in that paper.