Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 08, 2008

From A Concerned Citizen

*THANK YOU, CITIZENS, WHO SPOKE UP AT THE BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING! THANK
YOU, CITIZENS, WHO SPOKE UP MAY 27!*

*NOW IT’S TIME TO SPEAK OUT _AGAIN_, JUNE 9, 6 P.M.*

*FISCAL YEAR 2009 BUDGET TO BE ADOPTED*

*COUNCIL CHAMBERS, GOV’T. OFFICE BUILDING*

**Here's what Salisbury City Council members had to say about this
year's budget in an article in the Daily Times: *

*"...I'm not going to support raising taxes." -Council President Louise
Smith,* *who voted for a double-digit tax increase last year and
supports a 15% water increase and a 13% sewer increase this year.

**"...if they (volunteer firefighters) don't get their new
toys...they're not going to want to contribute (funding)." -Council Vice
President Gary Comegys,* *refusing to consider eliminating two new fire
vehicle lease-purchases to have funds to hire a few firefighters to meet
minimum safety standards for staffing vehicles.

**"...Crime is not a problem." -Councilwoman Shanie Shields,* *on why we
don't need any more police officers.

There are also THREE public hearings on the agenda: 1) elections, 2)
more bond debt, 3) changes to the landlord licensing/rental unit
registration law.

**LET'S TELL THE CITY COUNCIL WHAT _OUR_ PRIORITIES ARE!**

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Mother of God...I am going to get shot in a drive by 'cause my vision is clouded by tears because my house burned down and I couldn't afford insurance due to high taxes!!!

Anonymous said...

SALISBURY -- Water and sewer discussions will highlight the agenda for Monday's meeting of Willards Town Council.

-----------------

This was in this mornings Daily Rag... When did Willards become a part of Salisbury???

Anonymous said...

If Shanie has special information or knowledge about any of the murders (or any other crime), she should provide it to the police in private and not be blabbering about it in public.

What a disgrace she is.

Anonymous said...

To 8:44

Shanie rambles about everything when she 's not eating a candy bar

Anonymous said...

Shamie's going to have to stop flushing, soon, again.
Myself, I just left the brick in the tank.

Anonymous said...

If a target gets killed its not a crime? I guess if our donations are being used to buy toys it's time once again to stop donating, easy way to cut Gordos spending.
Louise, poor pitiful Louise, won't raise taxes like she did last year without looking at the budget but will support a 15% & 13% water/sewer increase. The hipocrisy of our administration knows no bounds.

Anonymous said...

Are folks going tomorrow night to protest these idiots?

I wish I could be there, but I'll be out of town. Can't even watch it on PAC14 like I usually do.

I am so embarrassed by these three dunderheads, and even madder at how they and the mayor have wasted what we have.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much for that two year plan for raises for the police! Dirty politicians... Our council and mayor will all probably vote for Obama!

Anonymous said...

I must be on the concerned folks target list. This info was delivered to me via US mail, yesterday.

Thank you concerned citizens.

Anonymous said...

8:05 p.m., so did I! Whoever that masked man or woman is, I'm glad to be on their list!

Between broadcasts on PAC14, Campbell and Cohen discussing real issues, this blog and now these alerts from whomever, I FINALLY feel like I have a clue what's going on!

Keep up the good work everybody! Citizens UNITE!

Anonymous said...

What "thank yous'" are you talking about?
As a concerned person, have NOT received anything. I'm into "alerting".