Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Orioles Record is 5 and 1! What?

Yes, the Orioles are teasing us again with great play and promise at the start of the season. After a poor outing on Opening Day against Tampa Bay, the O's have won 5 straight including a nail biter against Seattle in a 9th inning rally.

As a team the O's are averaging .277 with Luke Scott averaging .500 right now. Scott was aquired from the Astros in the Tejada trade. Looks like it's working out for us so far. 5 other O's have averages at or above .300.

O's pitching has been solid so far keeping the bats in striking distance each game. The rotation and bullpen have not given up more than 6 runs in a game. This is a great start after the end of last years, well, we really dont want to remember all the runs we gave up.

So great start guys and I can root for the O's a little bit. I'm Indians fan, but I can't hate on any team who plays the Yankees and had Cal Ripken Jr and The Boog Powell. So lets keep this start up, get some guys to the All-Star Game, and get our name back into the playoff mix. I'm tired of comming to games where the other fans, Yankee's, outnumber the O's fans. Last summer at an O's Yankee's games it was the Boston Fans getting kicked out of the stadium and the cheers for A'Rod, he was on 499 HRs, and the Yankees as a whole were louder than the O's getting a run. This needs to change because it is an abomination.

Full stats for fielders - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/batting?team=bal
Full stats for pitching - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/pitching?team=bal

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

give it time-it's early and they will dive---

Nick Loffer said...

anon 6:58 make that 6 and 1

Tim Chaney said...

That is good, it is early, however gives me a good reason to start watching baseball again. I haven't watched much since the strike of 1994. Only year I had Sunday season tickets and had to return so many it just turned me off and I haven't been to Camden Yards since. Then again I'd hate to think of what it costs now.

joe albero said...

Great work Nick!

Nick Loffer said...

Thanks Joe,

Maryland has hope!

Nick Loffer said...

Tim, Camden is affordable. for 35 bucks on certain nights u get box seats and all u can eat concessions, but no beer...damn

$8-55 on regular game days
$10-80 on prime games

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

Tim Chaney said...

That's not bad. I rarely drink anymore anyway. However I guess what used to be my beer money will need to go into my gas tank. Then I would also have to make a stop at Boog's and get some BBQ beef!