Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Daily Times NOT

"There is nothing daily about it. This is Monday the 17th of March and I haven't seen a newspaper in my box in two days. On Sunday when my husband called the newspaper to complain about not getting the paper by twelve noon. A lady answered and said some routes are a running a little late. She asked if He had called earlier and he said "No", then she said I will connect you to the circulation department. Then He got an automated system i.e. talk to the computer. Then because our phone number had been changed the computer couldn't find our account and said call back during regular business hours because no representatives are there now. So he hung up and told me what had happen and some routes are late. Well Sunday is gone and we never did got a paper at all. Now it is Monday at noon I am writing this e-mail and we still have yet to see Mondays newspaper.

So this time I called The Daily Times to cancel my subscription and complain about not getting my newspaper for two days in a row. A man answered the phone when he tried to put on to the automated system i.e. computer I told him I wanted to talk to a real person. I told him I have not received a newspaper in two days and even when I got it I cannot read it anymore since they changed the size of the paper. I told him "My eyes did not go bad overnight". He replied that I was not the only one that had complained about that. Then I told him I wanted to cancel my subscription and want my money back. He then said that he was sorry to lose me as a customer and hung up.

So I would rather read The Salisbury News on the computer because at least that way I can get all of the news even the stuff the newspaper will not print."

Connie Taylor

3 comments:

Topper said...

Can I bring you your paper sweetie? LOL.don't get scared..you know me. I was the one guy from your hubbys work who came to his party

Anonymous said...

lol when I got the Daily Times I swore they didn't believe in working weekends. Monday papers were the worst....felt like reading nothing

Anonymous said...

Joe, Is it feasible for Comcast to provide a channel designated for visual news and operational on a cycle basis.You could sit in front of your TV and read the Daily Times and maybe be able to do so by 7:30 AM.This would save paper[trees] and solve problems for poor delivery service.I could eat breakfast when an unintertesting article is being aired.What do you think Joe? More people watch TV than read the newspaper thus, we would have a better informed citizen.Since the news is provided on a cycle system, one could read it twice or anytime during the day or evening.